Chapter 49.

Watching him with her eyes numb, Nandini blinked smiled slightly "You did what you vowed. And you meant it."

"It doesn't matter anymore, Nandini." He wishper exclaimed softly, his eyes never faltering from her gloom face "yes, I vowed and did blunder...A grave mistakes but then what? I couldn't conquer. And I have always knew that I can never stand on my vows because...I was defeated in my heart the day I found you with me in that dark closed cupboard."

"We indeed were both locked together in that cupboard but for me it felt more like you captured my heart and mind with you. And I could not hate you even after wanting." Manik confessed, his voice small and weary "So, none of it matters anymore."

"How does it not matter, Manik?" Looking at him with a smile of misery, Nandini pressed her pale lips inward before croaking "You were forced and abused to marry. You were tied to a girl who was having a cursed star. Your whole life was tarnished."

"How does it not matter?"

Gaze benumbing on her fragile broken voice, Manik felt his eyes blurring before he sniffed back the tears and bite down on his lips.

"I grew up loving you. I couldn't see anyone beyond you. I always had an only dream, which was to be accepted by you. I wanted to be in your life so desperately." Murmuring absentmindedly, Nandini tweaked a small smile looking far away to nowhere "And you left me..without making me aware of my fault."

"How..how does that not matter, Manik?" Looking back at him, Nandini countered letting a tear trickle down her eyes "How can you forget what happened with you? How should I forget what happened with me? How can you let go of what happened with us? How?"

Seeing him holding his grief with his eyes turned aside, Nandini cupped his face to bring his gaze at her, making him let a lone tear run down his dark honey spheres "You are hurting inside. And so am I, Manik. And what we have in middle is purely toxic."

"No. Don't say that." He rebuked in a heartbeat, his voice breaking down "What we have is a pure feelings. A feeling which is as sacred as our Mother Ganges. We are remedy to each other, Nandini. And only we can heal each other, together."

"I can't." She whispered muttered abatedly looking at his slight panicked gaze "I am tired. Totally exhausted."

"I will hold you." He replied, his eyes startled and at edge looking to and fro between her sore eyes with her hands cupping his face "And I will heal us. We will grow pass our past. Together."

"I wish..I could feel the same. But I'm hollow inside, Manik. I feel lost." Nandini mumbled meekly, rubbing away a tear off his cheek with her thumb whilst letting her own tears roll down "How can I grow pass of the past which I found out just now? How can I heal? How will you heal which is not there?"

"I will find you." He assured leaning over her frigid comfort before cupping her nape "Just let me, Nandini. Just allow me. Don't shut me out. Don't hold me away. Let me be yours. And I promise, I will find you."

Holding his gaze with hers and letting their tears run down together, she closed her eyes before retreating her steps out of his warmth and escaping out of his presence, before leaving him cold and broken behind.

Shutting the door behind, Nandini pressed her back to the door and sobbed hard noiselessly, until her eyes shifted toward the acceptance letter she got that morning by Birju Maharaja, which diverted her attention and made her come to a decision.