Chapter 36.

"Is he still staring?"

Giving a knitted frown at her round rimmed spectacle friend whose stance seemed rigid since an hour, Navya hushed queried "Who?"

"Mr. Malhotra."

Navya grimaced slightly over his gritted  tone before she rummaged through the audience "Is he here?"

Aryaman hummed and grumbled "and staring Nandini since an hour."

"And he did not let anyone be aware of his presence? Strange. Or else he would had participated at each opportunity he got." Navya puckered her lips and wondered hushed aloud while scanning her gaze through the audience.

Aryaman's nose slightly twitched on the exclaimed statement of his friend before he slowly craned his head towards Nandini, who was delivering slideshow presentation over the issues in the lack of employment in the country and giving highlight to how tertiary education can reduce the unemployment, looking utmost beautiful and important under the blue non light of the projector falling on her whole self.

As much as he wanted to pay attention over her, he couldn't help his attention and let his gaze go zero over the overawe aura of Manik himself sitting amidst of the audience of alumni, who despite been attended the previous session of the meeting kept seated on his place without removing his gaze from her ever since the meeting started.

And just like Navya mentioned, Manik indeed never for once let the room be known of his presence. He neither involved nor participated. He just kept looking at Nandini in the middle of the silent arc with that lazy silent fascinated smile of his.

Which was very much for Aryaman's exasperation.

"He is getting on my nerves. I swear." Aryaman muttered under his breath enough for Navya to hear as she gives him her creased discreet look just after she found the one they were talking about "Why are you so vexed? He has not done anything to provoke you."

"Can't you see? He is staring at her." He reasoned.

"So are everyone." Navya congenitally replied in hush tone gesturing out at him sitting ideally with his friend Ravi "She is hosting the meeting and her being central of attraction is obvious for everyone to stare at her. What's so wrong in that?"

Pursing on his lips silently, Aryaman heaved out a harsh breath "You don't understand, do you?"

Navya shrugged incognoscibly "No, I don't and I don't want to be enlighten either. You are just being complex."

"I'm not." Aryaman stated defensively making Navya roll her eyes "It's just you who can't see that he is trying to divert her from her way again like he use to do back then. On those days, when she used to crush on him, he used to divert her by ignoring and consuming her mind 24/7 and now since he is not getting her attention, he is trying to use his charm over her all over again. I'm sure he is jealous of her success flight."

"Seriously, Aryaman? He owns a business and is much successful than anyone of us in the room" Navya mumbled unpleasantly as she locked her arms and shook her head dissapointly "And you are, of course, nothing but paranoid."

The light was put on back illuminating the entire room and marking the end of the meeting which made Navya sigh in relief for momentarily before she heard Aryaman grumble to himself "Whatever it is, I will not let him get in her way this time.

Collecting the scattered stuffs on the desk, Nandini fossicked her gaze through the dismissing audience and went faltering down on her work when she didn't found him among the crowd.