Chapter 6.

Nandini snorted humoursely looking away and then looked back at his fierce one.

"You, Amuse me."

If Manik was angry previously then now he was literally holding himself back to say something more harsher then she could handle.

All he could think was hurt her way beyond repair. After all she has some guts down there to challenge the already provoked himself.

So ignoring her for the second he focused his attention to his sister who was the quite spectator there.

"Meera! I'll ask you for the last time. Come here."

The strictness depicting through his hard tone trembled Meera as she shook her head "No! I'm scared. You will scold me."

Manik sighed aggressively to make himself a bit calmer before speaking again "I won't. Promise."

Meera gave him a thoughtful glance by turning her head a little, then look back at Nandini who blinked her eyes in assurance and then slowly detatched her small self from her bhabhi before walking slowly toward the other side of the terrace.

Nandini has her eyes glued to the small girl's back and watch her going, whereas Manik's rigid watch never left the girl standing across the terrace.

"Go straight down to your room and start doing your homework. I'll be there in 5."

Meera's lips puckered seeing no change in his strict tone and quitely strolled down the terrace, as per her brother's command.

Nandini knew what was coming for her after that. But she promised herself to not let this one go without her for.

How can he just blame something to her without her doing anything.

She must be crazy for him, but what wrong is always wrong. And she can't stand being pin pointed.

Courageous was the sign which showed in her move when she crossed the distance between them just to stand face to face with him.

Manik's stiffened face would had scared her away if she was at fault but at the moment she felt nothing but triggered of being falsely blamed.

"You know what, Manik. I really pity you sometimes." Her eyes were straight glaring his eyes without any fear.

Manik stood quite with his jaw clenched and palm fisted into ball seeing her mocking eyes.

"You think my company spoiled Meera's studies. But did you think for once why did she hide her marksheet from you? Have you at least asked her the reason for the low marks? Or did you ever sit with her and talked about her day spent in the school, just like any elder siblings would do to their younger ones?"

Manik was clueless of why she was starting the topic of something instead when the situation was about other thing, that is Meera's lie.

He couldn't form what she rather wanted to say about. And Nandini knew him better that he wouldn't understand any of her counters she was throwing at him.

"Do you know Meera has been bullied in her school by some brats of her class, do you?" Manik clenched jaw and hardened face went baffled as soon as he hear the information.

"Wh-at?"

Nandini scoffed with a remorsed smile seeing the guy in front of her having the colour fade out of his face.

"You claim yourself to be her parents, don't you? Then how come you didn't see the poor thing going through this, Manik? How come you couldn't see how scared she has been now a days? How?" Her voice cracked at the end letting the day long of her sadness roll down of her eyes in the name of tears.