Chapter 3

Peter woke up with a start as something hit him across the face. He opened his eyes and tried to move but couldn't, something was preventing him from doing so. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he saw Ned crouched down beside the couch on which Peter was reclined on, and quickly figured out that Ned had slapped him awake. "Wwwaaaatt?" Peter said, his voice groggy from sleep. "Dude, its 2 in the afternoon. I've been trying to wake you up for ten minutes." Peter tried to move but again, something him was holding him down. "Is anyone else awake?" Ned shook his head. "Peter, you're gonna be late for your patrol. I would have woken Michelle but...well I didn't want today to be my last day on Earth. And she's... well," He pointed at Peter's chest. Peter looked down and could now see what had been holding him down and preventing him from moving. "Oh," he said in a whisper.

Michelle was fast asleep, her head against Peter's chest and stuck between him and the back of the couch. Her arm was splayed across his stomach. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness...help...what do I do...ignore how it feels, Peter. IGNORE HOW GOOD IT FEELS YOU CANNOT THINK OF THIS!!! "What time did we fall asleep?" Peter asked, trying to keep his voice steady and keeping his mind from looming on the warmth that was radiating all over him, and hoping to god that his body wasn't doing something he couldn't control that would make everything one thousand times more awkward. "You two both fell asleep half-way through the last movie. Jake was a few minutes later. I do remember that you fell asleep first, and when MJ did she slid in-between you and the couch. Can you even feel your arm?" He asked with a chuckle. All of a sudden, Peter was completely focused on his arm, though he had no idea where exactly his arm was, as he had no feeling in it whatsoever. He lifted his head slightly and followed where the top of his arm went and saw that it was trapped underneath Michelle. I gotta move. If I stay here like this any longer my, uh... I have to move, now!

He looked down and could now see Michelle's face, still sleeping peacefully, and held his breath to stop any outward reaction. How can she look this beautiful while she is sleeping...her hair's a mess though... Stifling a laugh Peter looked back at Ned, "You may wanna back up, I don't know what she will do when she wakes up, I've never done it before." Ned did so without hesitation. Eager to wake her up before something else did, Peter reached out his other hand that was holding onto her waist and brushed some of the hair out of her face, Ned watching with anticipation. "MJ? MJ, wake up," He said as he moved his shoulder slightly, shaking her while being careful so she wouldn't move further onto him, as that would be dangerous.

Suddenly a low growl emitted from her, causing Peter to go white and Ned to hold his breath to stop himself from laughing. After he took a few moments to compose himself, Peter moved his shoulder again. "MJ, you gotta wake up. I can't feel my arm." She sighed heavily before he saw her eyes open slightly. He smiled sheepishly at her. She moved her head so she could see Peter, and he watched as the angry expression on her face changed to confusion, then to realisation as she finally saw where she was. She pushed herself off him instantly, causing Peter's arm to go cold from her disappearance. She didn't look at him, which Peter was thankful for, instead focusing on Jake, who was still fast asleep, oblivious to everything. She's probably hiding her blushing. Although I can't talk... hopefully she didn't see or... feel anything... Peter moved his arm to his cheek and felt how warm it was before quickly removing it, pulling the pillow from behind his head to his lap and resting on it, trying to look casual.

"Well, that was entertaining!" Ned said, causing Michelle's head to whip towards him. "What time is it?" She said after a moment. "About 2." Her eye's widened and she lifted herself off the couch immediately and moved over to Jake. "Crap. I told mum I would be back by 1. She's probably freaking out. Jake. Jake wake up." She had been shaking him by the shoulder but when all he did was just wave his hand, she grabbed one of the pillows on the couch and smacked him over the head with it. "Jake! Wake up, we're late." His eyes snapped open.

"Whhaaa?" he said, clearly very confused and still sleepy. "We have to go. We're late. Very late. Get your things quickly." She sighed heavily as she started to pack her bag with her things. "Ever since the break in and Cory, Mum has been very paranoid and worries about us a lot," She explained to Ned and Peter, although they had both figured as much. "I'll swing by and see you later today, okay?" Peter said, trying not to smirk from the double meaning of 'swing'. Michelle gave him a look before smiling softly, "Okay, I'll see you. You ready Jake?" Jake nodded and headed towards the door with his backpack over his shoulder, waving to Peter and Ned as he did so. Peter got up as carefully as he could and gave Michelle a quick hug before pulling away. Thankfully she didn't seem to notice anything as she was in a hurry to leave. She waved to Ned before meeting Jake at the door and closing it behind them.

As soon as the door shut Ned burst out laughing. "What?" Peter asked, confused. "That has got to be the funniest thing I have ever seen!" Peter still didn't understand what had been so funny. "I don't know what you mean." Ned laughed even harder before pointing at the door, the couch and then at Peter's pants before falling to the floor, tearing up from laughing so hard. "OH! SHIT!" Peter immediately turned red before sitting back down with the cushion. "Shut up, man. It wasn't my fault. Do you think she noticed?" Ned shook his head. "No, don't worry. I think she was embarrassed to have fallen asleep on you and then too worried about being late to notice." He still had a wide smile on his face.

Peter, still bright red, grabbed his backpack which contained his suit before getting up. "I'm going to get ready." Ned nodded and watched Peter as he headed into his bedroom. Peter leaned against the back of the door after he closed it, and cheeks still burning, held his face in his hands. That was the most embarrassing thing. EVER. I feel weird. She had no idea that I... Just kill me now...

A/N- Hey guys! Sorry it took a while to get this chapter out. I had pretty bad writers block and I wasn't really sure where I wanted this chapter to go. I decided to have a more simple but entertaining chapter rather than a really lengthy and jam-packed one.

Anyways, hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Thank you guys so much for your support so far of the story. It really cheers me up seeing your comments (which I see all of by the way) throughout the day.

If you enjoyed this chapter please vote, comment your thoughts and follow me for updates!

I love you all <3