Chapter 25

It had been five days since Peter revealed that Evie was working with someone. Working on what exactly, Michelle didn't know. Her, Peter and Ned had all been racking their brains constantly, trying to figure out what Evie's plan was or who she was working with, and so far, they had nothing concrete.

Michelle had continued to completely dominate the two at skiing and proved when they started snowboarding on their fourth day there that she was amazing at that too. This frustrated both of them to no end, and the both of them had become quite competitive, but they still weren't able to beat Michelle to the bottom of the hill. One particular thing that Michelle enjoyed reminding them of was that she hadn't fallen over once, excluding when Peter saved her from Evie's rock.

The three of them were sitting in the dining hall, having come back from a long but awesome day of snowboarding. Michelle was glad that her bruise had now completely healed and pained her no longer. She had noticed that Peter was very happy that she wasn't hurt anymore, and felt touched that he had been so worried and caring for her the whole time she had been injured. "Did you spot or sense Evie at all today, Peter?" Michelle asked as she cut up her steak. He looked up from his food, shaking his head, "No, not yet. I haven't seen her since the night I found her hiding behind that dumpster. But my gut is telling me that she is going to show up again, so if you see anything suspicious, tell me immediately."

Michelle and Ned both nodded, continuing to eat their food while talking about their favourite moments from that day. "What was the best part from today, MJ?" Ned asked. Michelle chuckled, "Definitely when Peter fell over and rolled down the slope. I couldn't stop laughing!" Ned burst out laughing, "Oh yeah! I nearly wet myself from laughing!" Michelle looked at Peter, who was glaring at the both of them. Michelle leant to the side and kissed him on the cheek. Why is he so cute all the time?

His cheeks turned red, and Michelle wanted to keep looking at him, but her phone started ringing. She pulled her phone from her pocket and answered it. "Sup, Poptart." Jake groaned on the other side of the phone, "Can you stop calling me Poptart? I'm not a child." Michelle snorted, "No I can't, and yes you are." He groaned again, "Jerk." Michelle didn't miss a beat, "Loser."

"Okay, so what's up? Why'd you call?" She asked, deciding to give him a break of her teasing. "I was just wondering how you were, Mum was wondering as well." Michelle raised an eyebrow, able to tell by his tone that there was another reason for calling, but she humoured him for the moment. "I'm good. My bruise is completely healed, and I've been having a good time skiing and snowboarding and stuff. Ned and Peter are good too." She heard Jake perk up, "Ooh, tell them I say hi." Michelle chuckled, pulling the phone away from her ear, addressing Peter and Ned, "Poptart says hi."

They both smiled, "Hey Jake!" They called to the phone. Michelle pulled it back to her ear. "Okay, so what's the other reason you wanted to call?" She heard Jake gulp, "Well, I was curious about whether you seen the news?" Michelle frowned, "No, what's happened?"

"Well, a few hours ago a body was found, and that guy who is suspected of murder, well his fingerprints were found on the body." Michelle's jaw dropped, "What? That's insane!" Ned and Peter had both looked up at her, confused what she was so alarmed about. "Guys, a body was found and that guys fingerprints were on it!" Their eyes widened, "That guy suspected of killing his neighbour?" Peter asked. "Yeah him. Jake just told me."

"That's concerning. Give me a sec, I'm gonna call Happy, see if he knows more about this." He got up and walked back out to the lobby, so that he was away from people possibly listening in. "Has he heard anything else?" Ned asked. "Jake, what else have you heard?" She repeated into the phone. "Nothing else, just that the body was a 23 year old woman and that she was discovered dead in her apartment, pretty similar to how his neighbour died actually. Also, your high school made a statement, saying that they don't actually know what information the person who broke into your school was looking for, or whether they got that information. It's still being looked into."

Michelle nodded, repeated what he said to Ned. "I think that guy definitely killed his neighbour. He still hasn't been seen?" Michelle shook her head when Jake said that he hadn't. "This is crazy. Thanks for telling us, Jake. I'll talk to you later, okay?" She said. "Okay. Talk to you later." When she hung up she saw Peter coming back over to their table. "Anything?" Ned asked as he sat down. "Happy said the same thing Jake did. No one knows where this guy is. Also, remember when I called Happy a few days ago and asked him to be on the lookout for Evie?" They both nodded, "Well, she hasn't been seen in days either." Michelle furrowed her brows, "What? She's missing too?" Peter nodded, "Yeah, but there's more. Happy said he tried to do a background check on her, but there's no record of her anywhere. No family, no address. Nothing. No one knows who she is..."

A/N - Hey guys. Sorry it took a while to get this chapter out, I've been really busy with Uni, and I'm gonna get even busier.
What did you guys think of this chapter?
If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote, comment your thoughts and follow me for updates!