the inevitable (nameless ghoul-Dewdrop)

Third person POV

Dew couldn't take his eyes off the ceiling as his thoughts raced in his mind, as his partner Becca slept soundly beside him. He couldn't stop thinking about how the light of his life would one day be grasped by death's cold hands, never to be seen again. Of course they had talked about it before, it was the first thing they discussed before officially getting into a relationship. Dew is a ghoul, ghouls live much longer than humans. He was always taught to never form a bond with a human, because when their inevitable death comes, the Ghoul's soul would be ripped apart. But Dew came to terms with that, he knew she was the only one he'd ever want. But he had never thought so in depth about it before. There would be no more late nights with half asleep nonsense, hand holding, showing off his powers to her, no more pouring hearts out to each other, none of it! What was Dew going to do without Becca? She made him feel such a heat that even he, a fire ghoul, had never felt before. That is, until he met her. Tears began to spill from Dew's eyes. He hastily wiped them away, thinking it was so foolish to be mourning over someone who is still very well alive.

Becca stirred in the bed next to him, and turned to face him.

"Dewie what's wrong? You feel colder than usual," becca frowned at him. He tried to hide his watery eyes, but they did not go unnoticed to her.

"I don't ever want to lose you," he choked out. She held him close as he let out more sobs.

"I know it's hard to not think about that. But I'm here now! We need to enjoy the time we have together. I'm not leaving anytime soon sweetie," she softly spoke as she comforted him.

"I'm sorry, I didnt mean to wake you," dew sniffled.

"Don't be, its okay," she kissed his head, feeling relieved when she felt heat starting to come back to him. Becca continued whispering sweet nothings in his ear, until he had calmed down enough to fall asleep.