Javier x Reader - Hide And Seek

Word Count: 2089

You quietly hummed to yourself as you walked through camp. All your chores were done so you were looking for something to do when your eyes fell on your horse. It stood there, grazing calmly but you could see its fur was starting to look a little dusty. You pouted and quickly walked over, picking up a brush along the way, to care for your horse.

You were brushing your horse when suddenly, a pair of arms snaked around you from behind. You let out a surprised gasp and heard an all too familiar chuckle next to your ear.

"Did I startle you?" You heard Javier ask and you could almost hear his smirk.

"So what if you did?" You smiled and raised a brow.

There was that chuckle again and you felt his arms tighten around your waist as he pressed his body closer against yours. "Then I'd have to comfort you Mi Alma."

You let out a shy laugh and reached back to caress his cheek.

"I wanted to ask if you'd like to go riding with me today Y/N." Javier mumbled against your ear and a smile spread across your face.

"I'd love that." You whispered and Javier lovingly spun you around before pressing a sweet kiss to your lips. The two of you broke apart and quickly gathered a few things before walking back to your horses.

"Ugh, what are you two gonna do?" Micah crossed his arms as he stared at you in disgust when you walked past him with a few items.

"We're gonna have a nice day out, something you know nothing about." You spat at him as you continued stuffing the saddle bags of your horse.

"You're gonna have a nice day? With a greaser?" Micah scoffed and your blood started to boil. You glanced over at Javier but saw he luckily didn't hear what Micah just said.

Slowly, you stepped towards the man. "Y'know Micah~?" You started, and he raised an eyebrow while an amused smirk tugged at his face.

"What?"

You took another step towards him and punched him with all the strength and built up rage you had in you. He actually got lifted into the air a little before hitting the floor with a loud thud. He grabbed his jaw and looked at you in anger as you bent forward, your face inches from his. "Next time you decide to open your mouth, I will put a bullet in you." With that, you turned on your heel and led your horse over to Javier.

He looked at you with big, shocked eyes as you approached. "What was that all about?"

You waved your hand in dismissal as you mounted your horse. "Oh you know... Just, Micah being Micah."

Javier looked at you for a second before shrugging and mounting up as well. As the two of you rode out of camp he looked over at you and smirked.

"I must say, that was a bloody good punch."

You laughed and shook your head. "It felt really good too, is that bad?"

Javier's smirk only grew. "Definitely not. He had it coming." The two of you laughed before continuing to ride in a comfortable silence.

After about ten minutes you broke it as your curiosity got the best of you. "So, where are we going?"

Javier glanced over at you but shrugged. "Nowhere in particular. Why, you got somewhere you have to be?"

You laughed and shook your head. "Nope, just wondering."

"Well, stop wondering and just look around. I'll watch out for where we are going alright?" He said with a soft voice.