48

"Did you miss me?", you asked locking eyes with him. He let out a sigh again before the room went silent. "I'll get going. But when I come back, I must see that you both have cleared up all the misunderstandings.", Jimin smiled shoting a wink while exiting the room.

"Did you miss me Y/N?", he asked but you couldn't hold it anymore, breaking down in front of him. He fisted his hands trying to not break down, to not make it more difficult for you. You looked at him before speaking, "No. Why would I? You left me afterall. I held onto you after loosing oppa. But it turned out to be me holding onto a wrong person. You know how difficult it was for me. I cried, depression hitting me again. Not to forget how hard I tried to find you but you just vanished without even leaving a trace. After loosing all hopes, whether in despair or out of anger, whatever it was I decided to forget you and delete your memories from my mind. Of course, it wasn't easy. But gradually I did. But when you showed up again after all these years.......", you couldn't continue as you were bawling by now.

Guilt taking over him, he didn't know how to tell you what caused him to do so, why did he disappear years ago, what you actually meant to him. As tears streamed down, he finally took the courage to speak, "I-I'm sorry Y/N. I didn't know that me leaving you would cause you this much pain.", he sobbed. "And a sorry would fix everything? Did I ever mean anything to you? I guess not. Afterall you were just another agent assigned by Jin to look after me. You were just doing your duty, maybe faking everything while I was putting my efforts & trust for us.", you said with an cold expression. Little did you know someone was listening to this conversation.

"Stop blaming him. You don't even know his side of story yet. I bet after knowing, you'll regret every word you uttered just now.",  Jinhee entered almost yelling. "Ah it's ok babe. It's obvious for her to react like this.", Taehyung gestured Jinhee to stop. "I'm sorry to intrude like this but don't blame him. I can't bear to see him cry. You don't know how difficult it was for all of us to make him stop blaming himself. He literally cried every night for leaving you. He missed you. I never forgot you, not for a second.", Jinhee patted Taehyung's head with an sad expression.

"Y/N you remembered the day before I disappeared, I had some bruises & was injured & I told you that I had an accident?", Taehyung asked you. You simply nodded in agreement. "I didn't had any accident. It was actually Minho's men who did it. Since I was trainee then, he thought of scaring me. So he sent a group of hooligans to threaten me & beat me up. But instead I uhm... almost beat all of them to.... death.", his eyes roamed everywhere in the room avoiding an eye contact with you. You eyes widened on listening to him. You knew he was an agent but it was difficult for you to even imagine that innocent TaeTae of your's to be this fierce. "So... Ah...  How do I say it...", he tried hard to find rights words.

"Let me do it. It's too painful for you to even remember it.", Jinhee said side hugging Taehyung. You became anxious, as you already guessed something really bad had happened to him. "So the next day, Minho sent his right hand Jinyoung. He was one of the deadliest creature of his gang. Plus he was...... Minhye's boyfriend. Let me keep it short. They abducted Tae and tortured him. This was all done under the instruction of Minhye. She was the one who instigated all of these. She went to college comforting you about Tae's disappearance & come back to hideout tormenting the life out of him. I don't even want to mention in what dreadful ways he was tortured. One day he finally freed himself & on the way of escaping killed many of his men including Jinyoung.", as Jinhee finished you looked at Tae with an blank expression, as if you were trying to process everything you just heard.

"I was in comatose for a whole two months. Even the doctors had lost hope at a point. But somehow I gained consciousness. I had become unimaginably weak. I was on wheelchair. I was fed through tubes. Even though I was healing, the rate was very slow. Hence the doctors & Jin hyung decided to send me abroad for better recovery.", Taehyung smiled at you.