Chapter-22: reconcilation

Jack pov:-

In the morning I left for office... before Aisla could wake up. I didn't even want to see her face right now. Where she was? Who was with her? Who gave her those 'bites' ? With all these questions my blood was fuming.

"Hey Jack... what's with this poker face?" kenny asked.

"Nothing... just tired."

"Oh... I was-..." suddenly Harley came up with grin on his face. He looked at me and smirked at me.

"Woah dude what was that?" Kenny said. "I get this feeling he don't like you... as if you stole his property or something" Kenny added.

"Oh shut up you guys" Merida shouted from back.
"Jack did you find Ailsa last night..."
"Yea..." i said and looked away.
"Jack is everything okay between you guys? Why she lied to you about last night?"
"I don't know Merida... I feel like I couldn't trust anyone in life again..."
I said and sat on my desk. Cursing my life to be this miserable.

"What have I done to get cheated on again?" I asked myself.

Ailsa pov:-

I woke up only to find out Jack already left...

How did I had audacity to do what I did yesterday. Jack deserves better. I stand front in mirror looking all those marks I got from Harley. I gave myself a tight slap. I cried.

Nothing could justify what I did. I was wrong... it was totally baseless decision. I could never imagine what if someday Jack find all this out ? I would rather get engulfed into earth's surface than to give him explanation.

Jack PoV:-

"....And this is how we can expand our business even further. It's for both sides good. Thank you" I completed my presentation in front of J.O.A's CEO , my dad. I didn't hesitated.

I felt happy to see him all healthy.avoiding all eye contacts I made my way to hall.
"Jackson.." I heard his voice. I turned around and I saw my dad standing. Hall was empty , luckily no one heard my real name.
"Yes, Mr. Ogle Adelson" I replied..
"Jackson It's been years since I saw" he said with teary eyes.

I kept silent...
"Jackson please come back.."
"Mr.Ogle Adelson.... I cant..."
"You still not forgave me? Jackson 2 years ago she died."
"What?"
"Yes... I have heart condition I don't know how long I'm gonna live..z I just want to spent my rest life with you"
"Dad...." I hugged him tight. He was lonely and sick... how could I neglect my father all these years. It's not like I was still mad at him.. it was I never had courage to talk to him again.

"I can't wait to handover you my business"
"Dad... we can reconcile but taking over your business... I don't think so I can do that..."
"No rush.. take your time..... so do you have girlfriend or something"
"Dad... actually I got married recently"
"WhAt?"
"Yes..."
"Oh when can I meet her? Will you not move in back to home?"
"Dad... I need to time, I will surely move in back."
"Okay.. always remember if you need any kind of help your father is always there for you."
"Dad... please don't tell anyone about me.. now"