People Die, But Our Memories Last Forever (Hannibal Lecter X Reader)

"So, what can you tell us about Dr. Lecter? We've been told that you were involved with him."

"Somewhat romantically, yes. You can say we were involved romantically, but it was much more than that. Our love ran deep for each other. Without each other, it was like the other couldn't function; that's what made it all the harder when he was arrested and I was told of his crimes. I didn't believe it at first, but I knew deep down that if he was perfect in every way, there had to be one thing wrong with him, right? Little did I know that he'd be a murderous cannibal. Sadly, there's one thing that hasn't changed, and that's the fact that I still love him. I hate what he's done but somehow in my mind, that doesn't change the person he is."

After hours of interviews with the officers, I asked, "May I see him one last time? Before, well... Before his last day."

"Well, you've given us so much information, that it may be possible a last visit can be arranged."

Later that day...

"You've got 30 minutes, so make the most of it."

"Hello, my dear (Y/N). I thought I'd never see you again in this life, and that our last meeting would forever be me being hauled away into a prison cell as you watched on," Hannibal said.

"I know. I've missed you so much, and not a day goes by where I don't think of you or even dream of you. My heart has been so empty without you, and I've had no reason to live."

"Don't cry over me, my love, for your life will go on without me. After this visit, you can take this last memory to hold onto forever, until we meet again on the other side." Hannibal replied.

"But I don't want a memory to hold onto, I want you. I don't want to live without you, I can't. I won't. Please Hannibal, just one last time, tell me you love me. At least give me that."

"Oh, I do love you my dear, more than you will ever know. Go on now, go live your life and forget about me. Hold on to the time we've spent together forever. You can live without me because I'll always be in your heart."

"Your 30 minutes are up!" The officers shouted.

"Goodbye, Hannibal. I'll love you until the day I die."

"And I'll love you past my death and beyond. Now go, (Y/N). Your life is waiting and the chair is calling my name."

As I fought back tears, I took that as our final goodbye. I left Hannibal with execution by way of electric chair at 9:43 AM.

I will never forget him or the time we spent together. Goodbye, my love. I promise I'll hold onto our memories forever.