♥ new cg do's and don'ts! ♥

credit to x-princess-cutie-x on Tumblr!!

I made a big list of do's and don't's for little. I thought it might be helpful for new people. 💕 All of these are just ideas. Feel free to reblog and add more tips. ✨

- give them good morning/good night messages. message them first. make good conversation. DO NOT LEAVE THEM ON READ/OPEN!!!

- having a little is basically like dealing with a little kid, you're going to have to explain a lot of things to them. also treat them like they are little. being big is a lot of work!

- If your little is excited about something, try to be excited with them. Even if it's something small.

- try to get them warnings first before you give any punishment

- YOUR LITTLE IS GONNA WANT ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION!!!

- if your little is upset, try to make them feel better or talk about it. Don't let them sit there sad.

- the small things matter to littles. Do things that would make them happy like learn the names of their stuffies and remember which paci is their favorite.

- Littles may forget things so make sure that they eat and do what they need to do

- you have to learn how to properly deal with a temper tantrum. Don't go straight for a punishment.

- Littles can be a handful but you can't get frustrated with them because they are in little space. (a/n: frustration is a valid feeling and a valid reaction to something. try to use coping skills like taking a bit of a break, listening to music to clear your head, etc. it's how you handle the feelings and the situation that really matters. communication is really important.) 

- Littles depend on their caregiver so you have to take care of them. They look up to you

- Never ever make your little feel like a bother. That's the absolute worst feeling for them.

- if your little did something wrong, explain to them why it was wrong and why they shouldn't do it again 

- ask them about their day and how they are feeling. its really makes them feel like you care about them.

-make your little feel special

- if they are trying to help, LET THEM. DO NOT MAKE THEM FEEL STUPID FOR CARING ABOUT YOU TOO.

- Littles care about their caregivers too. if you are having a bad day, talk about it with them too. let them try to fix it.

- this sort of relationship is a two way thing, you can't just expect your little to do all the work.

- surprise them with little messages when you are thinking about them. I promise it will make their day!

- be excited to talk to them! they probably missed you a lot while you were gone.

- I know for a fact it makes their day to talk to you. hopefully it makes you happy too that you are talking to your little one.

- if you know doing a certain thing will make them happy, DO THAT THING.

- your little is supposed to be important to you because I know you are important to them.

- ACTUALLY TREAT THEM LIKE A LITTLE. Tell them "you are too little to do that by yourself" or "only grownups can do" its makes us feel even littler.

- give them rewards every once in a while for being good. they deserve it

- if you make a promise, YOU HAVE TO KEEP THAT PROMISE! DON'T GET OUR HOPES UP FOR NOTHING!!!

- if you say that you are gonna do something, YOU HAVE TO DO IT! DON'T GET OUR HOPES UP FOR NOTHING!!! (author's note: also take into account that if it happens every so often, with a really good reason for not doing the thing, that's totally okay too! same goes for the point above this one) 

- whatever you do, DO NOT EVER IGNORE THEM! I DONT CARE HOW MAD YOU ARE!!!

-IGNORING YOUR LITTLE IS NOT A PUNISHMENT

Love,
Lukie