Chapter 14: Criminal Records

Levi's POV

I hated the idea of leaving her there with the kids, but it shouldn't be long. If I wanted to try and become a police officer, I have to get my criminal records fixed. Maybe even get them waived. So, I needed to see what I could've done to get that record lifted. Perhaps it'll prove more that I can be a good enough father.

Walking in, I heard that someone was stirring up a crowd. Of course, I ignored it... but I didn't ignore it when I heard Hanji's name. It was a woman and a man, almost elderly. 

"Please find her... once more, it's not in her nature to run away!" The elderly man says, looking down at his feet. "She's only 17 years old! Find my daughter, please."

Such lies... Hanji was not 17 years old. She was 18- an adult! I growled, walking over to the couple. Until it was Erwin who stopped me in the station. "Hah, you're here, Levi. Such a surprise. Not many criminals come to the place they tend to avoid."

I growled softly, pushing him off. "Give me a second. I gotta stop someone from telling lies." And I continued forward to the couple. They continued to sprout lies about their daughter- sorry, their adoptive daughter. Even with a 10 year gap, I knew her better than those liars. "Oi... enough..." I cried out coldly.

The man looked towards me, screeching. "Who are you? Huh? Interfering our matters? Officers, who is this man?"

"Levi Ackerman," Erwin growls at me, "get away from them. We have lots to talk about now."

Ignoring him, I continued to speak. "You don't know a thing about Hanji- I know her like the back of my hand! I know how old she truly is- she's 18! Don't lie and say that she's a minor. Don't you dare say that she would never run away without a reason- she had one! She was pregnant... and you didn't want her lingering in your house as she carried a baby! Unlike you, I was able to help her. You don't need her... she doesn't need you anymore."

I felt the stares from Erwin lifted and placed themselves onto the couple. "Is... is this true? She's not a minor?"

"I-I don't know who that man is!" The elderly man, I now know is Hanji's adoptive father, shouts at me. "He kidnapped my daughter!"

"I did no such thing. She came to me on her own will." I growled, looking off and thinking about her. Hanji, the one I always loved, would never do anything without thinking it through. Yeah, she'll be reckless, but she always know what is best. "At least she knew I would be a good father to the baby and you would never be great grandparents to our baby."

That send an electrifying shock to the couple as I growled at them. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that I was the father of the baby, but they were spreading lies in order to get their adoptive daughter back and rid the baby. Not on my watch. I promise to take care of Hanji and our baby. This is my promise... my promise I will always keep.

"So stop now and give up. Give up on getting her back in your grasp. She's free with me. If she wants her baby, she can have her baby." I then turned around to face Erwin, just scowling. "I only came back here to see what I can do to get my criminal record expunge. I want to enroll myself in the police academy for my girlfriend and unborn baby."

Erwin looked away, nodding his head. "Back when we were all kids... I didn't think that Hanji would show up in your life. You're lucky, Levi, since no one really gets that chance. Fine... I'll see what we can do. Most likely, you gotta go to court and get someone to stand up for you. It's rare to have that- but sadly, it cannot be Hanji."

"That's fine. I'll do whatever for Hanji."

"You sure are like a puppy... but, whatever." He then turns to the couple and sighs more. "Since Hanji is 18, she's an adult now. Yes, she would have had to obey your rules when she lived under your roof, but because she is no longer there, she's her own person."

"But-"

"Oi... Erwin spoke." I scowled, walking out of the station. "Just drop the subject already... because she's no longer corrupted in your grasp. She's free. Stop caging her. If you say that she needs to be an intelligent woman- guess what? She already is. I doubt that she would stop going to school because of our baby. We both did the calculations, and she would have the baby after she graduates. She'll be fine because she has me. Now, beat it." 

I walked out the door and crawled myself into the car. Hanji... what I said was true. I would stay and take care of the little one. You are always welcomed here... welcomed into my arms.