Chapter 17: Present For You!

Eren's POV

"Alright, we won't burn the house down this time!" I cried loudly to everyone. This time, Miss Nanaba and Sir Miche was with us when Big Bro Levi took Miss Hanji to the hospital. There was a lot of screaming, but Nanaba and Miche reassured us that it's nothing. Basically, they were babysitting us. I hated it. "Let's go make a cake!"

Nanaba looked over at us, chuckling. "Don't make it without us."

Miche nodded, walking into the kitchen. "It would be a terrible smell if smoke began to fill up. It was like... 9 months ago when there was this smoke smell..."

My little cheeks grew warm when I remember that. It wasn't my fault- not exactly. "Let's make it now!" 

Nanaba chuckles, running her fingers through my hair. "No wonder Hanji wanted to keep her baby... but anyways, we can make it when Levi calls, okay? We don't want to leave a cake that would be hours old-"

"But... aren't all cakes hours old...?" We all began to laugh at Armin's little outburst. It was true. Sometimes we would be near the bakery, and cakes were always out there. Even the next day, it would still be there. "Why shouldn't this matter?"

Nanaba and Miche were silent on that; they soon surrendered and helped us bake a cake. Big Bro Levi would've been angry about the mess we've made. But the cake tasted delicious! And... we had to start all over again because we ate it all. We were very tired, and soon enough... we were sleeping on the ground. 

In 3 days, I woke up in morning, when the sun came up, I couldn't go back to sleep. I swear I heard a baby. Quickly, I went downstairs. I thought about the baby noise, thinking that someone left a baby here- but that's when I saw them.

Miss Hanji was sitting in the kitchen with a little baby in her arms. Big Bro Levi was stand near her with his tea cup in his hand. Nanaba and Miche were looking at the baby in Miss Hanji's arms. It looked like the cake was already taken... eaten already. I wanted to watch them eat it... to see if they really liked it or not.

But soon enough, Miss Hanji looked up and smiled softly at me. It was like... Mother's one. Back when she was still alive. "Heya, Eren... wanna come down and say hi to the baby?"

Even Big Bro Levi used his hands to tell me to come down. He smiled softly, nudging me close to the baby. "Hey, it's alright. Just be quiet- as quiet as a mouse. Hanji just put her to sleep."

"H-Her?"

My head tilted a bit when I heard that- Big Bro Levi had a daughter! I looked down into Miss Hanji's arms... and I saw her. It was... weird. I thought the baby would be bigger. When Big Bro Levi said that the baby was inside of her, and it was the reason why her stomach was so big. But I thought the baby would be bigger. It was... small. 

I looked at her once more, seeing she had little tufts of black hair- kinda like a dog's black fur. I couldn't see her eyes, so I began to ask Big Bro Levi about them. "W-What color are her eyes...?"

Miss Hanji smiled softly, "It's Levi's eye color- stormy gray."

"G-Gray...?"

"Yes," Miss Hanji says once more, "she's just like a clone of her father..."

"What's her name? Is it... Jade?" 

For some reason, they both laughed at me. My cheeks grew a bit warm. I suggested that name if it was a girl. But Miss Hanji said that she didn't like it- but said that when I had kids, I could name a girl Jade. 

Miss Hanji calmed herself down a bit before answering. I felt a little sad when I heard her words though. She didn't name her Jade. "Her name... is Raven Isabella Zoe Ackerman. It's a lot, but... it's alright."

"R-Raven..." I say so softly- but she woke up! I say her little gray eyes, just staring at me. I mean, she was blinking... and her fists her curled up. Kinda like she was ready to fight. Wait... fight me?! No! I won't lose to a baby! But she did something weird. She smiled and made this weird noise. "Raven?"

"She's cooing, so that means she likes you." Big Bro Levi says with a small chuckle. "That's good, that's good."

I giggled, reaching out for her hand. She grabs it- and it began to hurt. Her small, but fat, fingers gripped on my pointer finger. I winced, but she laughs and continues to hold it. Miss Hanji had to gently scold Raven for doing so, but she didn't move a muscle. After the pain went away, I smiled and kissed little Raven's forehead. 

If Levi was my big brother, then that would make Raven... a sister...? I don't know, but I wanna take really good care of little Raven. I wanna be a big brother to her- just like Levi was my big brother. 

"D-Did you like the cake, Miss Hanji?"

She nods her head, kissing my forehead. "It was delicious. Who helped you make that?" I turned upstairs, thinking about Armin and Mikasa- who were both asleep. "Lemme guess... Armin and Mikasa?"

"Mhm..."

"Well, I can thank them when they wake up. But Eren, I heard it was your idea to bake a cake. So, I must thank you." My cheeks turned warm again when she told me that. 

"I-I wanted to make a present for you... so I thought a cake would be perfect."

"And so it was, Eren, so it was."