22

Everything looks happy and nice. Yoongi is slowly gaining weight, his brothers are starting to fight to get the attention of the little one and take him on lots of trips. A zoo, a mall or a water park - Yoongi is visiting so many places that he can't choose the best one. However, he still likes to spend time at home the most. Yoongi turns out to be quite a whiny baby who wants attention all the time. Seokjin doesn't really mind because Yoongi is simply the definition of cuteness.

Yes, everything seems perfect until one rainy morning when Namjoon received a call from the hospital that their mother passed away. The brothers are immediately getting ready to fly to Busan but then Seokjin stopped them with one question. What about Yoongi? They don't know if they should take him with them. She abused him but she was still his mother. He should be able to say goodbye to her. The problem is that little Yoongi can't attend the funeral. It would be a horror if he starts to cry like a baby in the middle of it. They are thinking hard about it and try to ask Yoongi who is forced out of his little space by the cruel reality. He wants to see her for the last time, he feels some kind of obligation to go there even if he doesn't want to.

So that's how he found himself in an airplane and heading to Busan. He is looking at the country under them and Seokjin is holding his hand. Yoongi is scared of flying but he has no idea that Seokjin is suffering from the same fear. They seek comfort in each other and almost run out of the plane after they finally landed. They are tired so they head in a hotel, they don't want to bring Yoongi in their house because it could bring back his bad memories and they don't want to erase his progress. Seokjin stays in the hotel with Yoongi and the brothers go to make sure that everything is ready for the funeral. They also need to discuss if they should keep their birth house but this can wait. Yoongi is taking a nap while Seokjin prepared their suits for tomorrow. Then he sat down on the bed next to Yoongi and watches the city. He still isn't sure if it was a good idea to bring Yoongi and he prays that the funeral will go smoothly.

The next morning they all woke up and took a shower. They have breakfast and no one speaks. After they get dressed in black suits and get in a car. They don't speak and arrived to a church where they are going to say goodbye to their mother. They walked inside and see a few guests, mostly their mother's coworkers and few friends. Namjoon wants to ask if they knew about her abusive nature but stays silent. They walked to a black casket where is lying their mother. Taehyung and Jungkook are crying a bit while the rest of the brothers only stare on her. Yoongi grips Namjoon's hand and thinks that maybe she will get up and beat him for being here. Namjoon puts his arm around Yoongi's small shoulders and brings him closer. She looks so peaceful like she doesn't know what she caused to Yoongi. The priest came so they sat down and listen to him. Yoongi is still holding Namjoon's hand when they follow the casket on the cemetery which is right behind the church. The casket is closed and four men put it down in a fresh grave. The few guests left and only the brothers and Seokjin left. Namjoon is looking on the black casket and feels pain and also some kind of a relief in his heart. Their mom is gone but at least she died without being in pain. They can bury the dark past, their mistakes and now focus on Yoongi who needs them. Namjoon knows that they won't leave their baby brother ever again. They are going to be the best big hyungs for their little brother.

⎰THE END⎱