Chapter Six.

Henry's Point of View.

Oh, my God. What was happening to me? I was here standing on a bridge under a makeshift aurora borealis kissing my best friend since kindergarten. I should probably end this, but I couldn't stop. Her lips were so soft and welcoming and who would have thought she was such a talented kisser. I couldn't stop. All I could think of was the beautiful taste of her lips as they touched and moved against mine. All I could think of was how satisfying it was. Every moment of our young lives would lead to this. The electricity surging through me was amazing. This fantastic feeling was indescribable. Jesus Christ, I felt outstanding, like I could just stand there and kiss her forever.

Charlotte's Point of View.

OK, this was wild. This was so unlike me. Back in Swellview, this would have been a no no, but here in Dystopia, I could really care less. I was torn if this was right or wrong since we had been friends since we were seven. I tried to stop but honestly speaking, it was inevitable. I didn't want to stop. Part of me had always wanted to do this, and I was doing it. What next?

Henry's Point of View.

We finally broke away from the kiss because of shortness of breath. I stared at her and smiled. She blushed. She cleared her throat and nervously asked,

"What just happened?"

"I think we just..." Oh no! This was the awkward feeling I had always been afraid of. Me kissing my friend and things never being the same ever again. It really confused me. I didn't know if I had feelings for Charlotte or not, all I knew was that I loved being around her a lot.

"Does this mean we have feelings for each other," Charlotte asked.

"I don't know but I think we should think things through before we really continue," I blurted out, much to my detriment. The thing is I LIKED Charlotte, but I didn't know if she just saw me as a friend. So maybe kissing her was an appalling idea. I screwed up big time.

"Look, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." I apologised.

"No, it's my fault, I'm the one who..."

"No, my actions were way out of line." I sighed. "Look, let's just pretend like the kiss never happened. I mean we're young, we're hot and we were just feeling the moment you know," I said. What was happening to me?

"Feeling the moment, really." Charlotte said, nodding her head.

"Yeah, to be honest I didn't feel any sparks or anything like that," Charlotte said.

What! No sparks. From the way she kissed me, I highly doubted it.

"Yeah, no sparks, just friends, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, just friends, also let's never tell Jasper, Ray, Piper, Schwoz or anyone else we know about this. Unless you can handle the teasing," she said.

"Definitely not!" We awkwardly shook hands.

"Let's head back to Base and prepare for our mission tomorrow," I said.

"Yeah sure, let's do that," we headed back to base.

At Base,

Charlotte's Point of View.

I couldn't sleep. Henry and Jasper were sleeping like babies. How could Henry sleep like that after the moment we just had? Honestly, I loved every moment. I couldn't help myself. He was hot and definitely an excellent kisser. Plus, he kissed me in such a way that made me feel like he had feelings for me or something. Maybe he was right, we were just feeling the moment cause we were alone together in the perfect romantic setup. I felt sparks but there was no way I was telling him that because if he didn't feel them and I felt them, then I'd be crushed forever. I'll just try to sleep it over and forget tonight never happened, but I really wish that every one of my nights was kind of like this one. Perfect.

Henry's Point of View.

I was faking sleeping. I really couldn't. All I could think about was the wild kiss I shared with Charlotte. I contemplated telling her my feelings, but what if she didn't feel the same way? We might even end up stopping being friends entirely and that was something I couldn't bear. I didn't deserve her. I was a high school dropout, and she was an Ivy League student. It would never match in the actual world. Wow! Swellview life was such a lie. I'd sleep over it and maybe things would be normal tomorrow. But that wouldn't change the fact that I was developing feelings for Charlotte and they were very real.

Base, the next day.

Jasper's Point of View

"Come on, wake up, sleepyheads, college is a calling. We got to go and we're running late cause you guys won't wake up," I shouted to the sleeping Charlotte and Henry. The weird part was that I never really heard them get back here last night. Guess I was zonked out or something. Wonder if they got back here together. Anyway, they are NOT planning to wake up soon so I did the unthinkable. I turned on the blaring alarm.

ALERT ALERT DANGER DANGER DANGER. Computerized voices blared over the speakers. Henry and Charlotte shot up with a start.

"What the hell, Jasper," Henry asked in anger.

"TURN IT OFF IMMEDIATELY!" Charlotte said in a fit of rage.

"Come on, get dressed, we're headed to college today, Plus Henry's got to get accounted to his new school early enough and NOT get kissed by the girl who kicked his butt the other day who could be a threat cause she knew your secret identity."

"Jasper, that girl did not kick my butt,"

"She literally left you for dead beneath a building and didn't even bother to check your pulse rate or see blood on the tarmac, that chick is stupid if you ask me. Don't fall  for her. "

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she brushed her teeth.

""I will not fall for her," Henry said defensively while glancing over Charlotte. I looked at both of them and hit a nerve.

"Speaking of which, where were you guys last night? Didn't hear you get back," I asked inquisitively.

"We were at the.........coffee shop, town square."

"OK, those are two conflicting ideas, you two hiding something from me?"

"No, why would we do that to you, Jasp," Charlotte said.

"OK, you never call me Jasp. Something weird is going on between you two,"

"What? Why would ANYTHING happen between us, ha," Henry chuckled nervously.

"Hold on, did you two kiss or something, or worse did you do the ACT,"

"What act are you talking about and no we didn't kiss and... look let's just go to Steven Moore now," Charlotte said tirelessly.

"OK, I don't know you two, just give in to your passions already,"

"No, and we talked about this, no more weird jokes about me and Charlotte, or Chenry, or Henlotte, or whatever weird name you've come up with to describe the both of us, got it,"

OK, so that was serious. I'm questioning whether these two are JUST friends. Their behavior towards one another was questionable. I knew that they liked each other, but they were just too proud to admit it. But since I didn't want to get blasted with lasers again, I kept my mouth shut, just for a little while though.

"Fine, I'll stop, so to college right?" I said once they were done preparing.

"To college it is," Henry said.