Chapter Fourteen.

SWELLVIEW THE MAN NEST.

RAY MANCHESTER'S POINT OF VIEW.

Three Days Earlier.

"Why did you lie to Henry, you know very well that most of the villains escaped from the Swellview Prison," Schwoz said to me, after I had ended my video call with Henry. I had lied to him that things were under control, but they weren't. To be honest, I missed him, but I didn't want him to know that. If he did, he'd call me a baby. I don't see why people consider me a man child. I mean, I'm stable if you ask me.

"Ray, if you miss him so much, why don't you try to get him to come back? I'm sure Henry is also miserable."

"I can't do that to Henry, he's like my son, and as a father I have to set my son free. Plus, I'm sure he's doing fine in Dystopia without me."

"What about you Ray?"

"I told you to make sure that Chapa doesn't electrocute the entire water system of this town. Her powers have been getting out of control more than the rest. As you can see, they have reduced me to a nanny, a babysitter for a bunch of rowdy kids with super powers that they didn't want."

It was true. I was sick and tired of putting kids in danger. I hired a thirteen-year-old as a sidekick some years back. Now some kids had super powers and were exhibiting great potential to be amazing crime fighters. But they were still kids. I had no right to put them in all this danger. Henry almost died, and we had to fake his death as Kid Danger for him to live his own life, where he was free to make his own choices. But could these kids handle themselves? They were so psyched up to be superheroes they had no inkling of the dangers we were facing. To make matters worse, their powers, though incredible, were now becoming a serious nuisance. Their powers were tied to their emotions and more often than not, Chapa was a ticking time bomb with emotions. Miles was calm. Mika was just like Charlotte, only that she was more insecure. Bose was just, you know, Bose.

"I'll get right to finding Chapa. Her powers are super fast and are running all around the town."

"Yeah, I know, I'll get to train the rest of the kids. Before their powers spiral out of control."

"And Ray, speaking of power, I've noticed a certain upsurge in seismic vibrations on Swellview's Earth surface. "

"Schwoz, could you speak English, please?" I groaned. Why did Schwoz always have to complicate things with his scientific language? It was annoying.

"It means that something is causing minor earth tremors here. Something is about to cause a major earthquake. Mt. Swellview is dormant, meaning that it could be some machine of some sort, causing all of this."

"I'll check into that Schwoz. Later. Right now these kids need some serious training before things get out of control with their powers."

"O.K. Ray, but..."

"Bye Schwoz."

I opened the doors to the classroom, and what do you know, the classroom is upside down. Desks heaved out of place and books all over. Mika and Bose were standing on one side of the room and freaked out by everything. I sighed. This is my life now.

"What the heck is going on here?!" I ask in anger.

"My sonic screaming may have gotten out of control, but don't worry, Bose will use his telekinesis to fix everything."

"Which he is failing at. It's been a month. You guys have to show some signs of control of your powers by now. Why isn't that happening?" I snapped.