Chapter Thirty-Five : Countdown To Danger.

SWELLVIEW DESERT

"I feel jittery. Do you want to know why?" Emma asked Bose in the living room.

"Why?"

"Everything is coming to place too easy, right? I may have been overestimating but I think that those lowlifes have a plan up their sleeve. Can't put my finger to it."

"You're right. They are determined and won't stop even if their lives depend on it. Something must be up."

"Yeah, by now Pema should be dead. I hope that passed the message to them that no one can stop me."

"But you still feel insecure."

"Yes, they could sneak up on me, or find someone on the inside to betray me. Or they could have a trick or someone else who's helping them."

"That's impossible. Anyone who could help them is dead."

"Yes, considering Arasha did his job well."

"What job?" Brett asked as he entered the room.

"Just killing your acolytes," Emma responded.

"You killed the members of the society."

"I didn't do it. I had someone else do it for me. My dad said that they couldn't be trusted and my dad is never wrong."

"That society is what they believed in. I gave them hope!"

"No, that society was created because I said so. You were doing my dirty work for me. Now that the plan is in motion tonight, they're just loose ends."

"Loose ends? They were my friends! And they were loyal to you and you rewarded their loyalty by their deaths?!"

"No one can be trusted. They would have turned against me. Not everyone is like you, my love. You mindlessly obey me!"

"They would've stayed in line. They would've helped you!"

"Are you turning against me?" she asked.

"No, I'm breaking up with you. I wanted to be with you but you're too unstable! Your dad died a long time ago!"

"You're wrong! Daddy is still alive! And he said that they should be killed, so I killed them!" Emma shouted.

"But... do you even love me?"

"I do. Babe, I'm sorry for shouting at you. I'm just so stressed out and I can't control myself. I feel like the shadows are closing in on me and I..." she wheezed. Brett held her shoulders.

"Hey, it's fine. Don't cry," he said, hugging her.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you to leave me."

"You'll always have me." he whispered as he lifted her chin and kissed her tenderly.

"If you two lovebirds are done, then might I suggest a solution to your problem," Bose said.

They stopped kissing and looked at him.

"These people are tied by their love for one another. We'll try the same technique from Dystopia, but this time, on a different set of people. It will be the perfect distraction."

HENRY'S POINT OF VIEW.

My Char had been taken. I wasn't going to sit by and let her suffer.

"She killed Pema. We're running out of time!" Miles said.

"They have everyone they need. All they need is the green light."

"Not if we find the transmitter and shut it down!" Carl said.

"Where could it be? Dystopia is large and..." Veronika said.