Chapter Thirty-Four.

CHARLOTTE'S POINT OF VIEW.

I opened my eyes only to notice that they had chained me to the wall. I turned my head over and saw a youthful woman dressed in red, also in those chains.  She was struggling to get out too. I was in an enormous hall. There were two huge pillars in the middle of the room, and a large compartment with controls on one wall. 

"Hey, you woke up," the adolescent said.

I recognized her from her voice, "Chapa?"

"Yep. Guess we're stuck in this mess together."

"Wait, what are we even doing here?"

"We got a change of scenery. We were in some old pink room and now we're in a huge basement, with controls and all that stuff. I don't make what we're supposed to do because that crazy chick has had me trapped here for days. Something about her dad and terrorists, I don't know. She's weird though."

"Where are we?"

"We are in Swellview Desert where all the awful things will happen. Terrible stuff, which I still do not perceive."

I groaned, remembering how Emma had tricked me back in Dystopia. Henry was dead. I could not believe it. Just the thought of him being dead was enough to shatter me. I had to stay strong and think. It was my carelessness that had gotten me into this mess.

BOSE'S POINT OF VIEW.

Snuggling Mika was exceptional. Though we were in some hellish dimension, being with her made it seem like heaven.

"So, does this mean we're boyfriend and girlfriend?" I asked.

"I don't know. Ask me again once we find a way out of this place," she said.

"Yeah, speaking of which, how are we going to get out of this place? We just can't sit and wait around for them to rescue us. We've got to brainstorm ideas to get out of here, pun intended."

"Hm, can't it just wait a little longer?"

"No. I don't want to be your boyfriend in the dark. What I want is for everyone to know about us. I don't want to tell my mom I have my first girlfriend. I also want to rub it in Miles' face that I got a girlfriend before he did.  I want to be with you, more than anyone or anything. And I want us to be comfortable when we come out in the open, you know, together."

"You're so sweet. And you called me your girlfriend. Guess we've closed the weird chapter of asking one another that question. I also want to be with you where everyone can see us. And even if we're in a dark void of hopelessness, you make it so much better. "

I kissed her, my arms on her back. She snaked her arms around my neck as she deepened the kiss. Each time I kissed her, I felt better than the last. I broke the kiss.

"Hey, why don't you stop?" 

"Because we've got to think. And as much as I want to make out with you here forever, we will not get much thinking done. And I thought you were the smart one. Girls get hornier than boys."

"I'm not horny! I just don't want to stop kissing you. You are an exceptional kisser."

She kissed me again and broke the kiss shortly afterwards. She then looked at me with a hint of sadness in her eyes. I didn't think about it much back then.

"You're right. We have to think. So, this total mess started when Emma told you about your dad's secrets."

"Then, she gave me some chemical to screw up with me."