1.

💗"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the. beginning of love"💗

Please do read my ongoing story " his heart beats only for her "and do vote...

Shruti POV:

Rain was pattering down onto the ground sliding through the windows the same way my heart was bleeding

Rain was pattering down onto the ground sliding through the windows the same way my heart was bleeding. This day was supposed to be special. My special Day! My wedding day! I was not supposed to feel this way. My eyes struggled to hold back the tears that were starting to form.
I was sitting beside him while he was busy giving me his penetrating glare.

I gave him the most beautiful smile I could muster.

But he ignored my smile and turned his head in the opposite direction.

It was getting stuffy in here that it became difficult for me to breathe.

I sat with my hands tightly clenched into my fist. It was now time to exchange the jai malas.

He stood up abruptly making me jump a little

He stood up abruptly making me jump a little. I almost felt he would refuse to exchange the varmalas. It still surprises me that he actually agreed to this marriage.

We exchanged the varmalas though unwilling from his side (Jai Mala or varmalas are the sacred garlands exchanged by the bride and the groom)

I turned to my left and saw dad looking at us holding happiness in his eyes. The pandit gestured for us to start the Saptapadi.

He held my hand with a little too much force. It almost started to hurt.

With each phera I was starting to feel the reality of the situation. With each phera we made we were promising to be there for eachother for better,for worse, for richer, for poorer in sickness and in health to love and to cherish till death do us apart.

It meant the world to me and ironically to my husband it might have meant nothing.

(Saptapadi or 7 pheras: the seven sacred steps are the first that a couple takes together in their new life)