6.

💗"There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless"💗

Suyesh's POV:

I'm very passionate about my work and I want to take my company to a height that no one has reached before

I've worked hard to inherit my father's company but my hard work meant nothing to my Dad.

I still remember the day when I came back with a trophy in my hand after winning the college football match. I was so happy and thought that mom and dad would be proud of my victory. My mom congratulated me and decorated the trophy in my room. But Dad was not at all thrilled about it. It disappointed me but I understood that he wanted me to focus more on my studies. Dad has always been stereotypical and sceptical about me playing football. That night he came to my room after dinner and threw a bomb on me saying, "Yash. If you don't stop playing around and don't concentrate in your studies I fear that you wouldn't be able to inherit the company. If that happens I will have to give my position to Shruti."

I was lost for words. I couldn't process what he was saying. That day I couldn't say anything to dad but the only thought left in my mind after that conversation was 'I hate her. I hate Shruti', how could he say that. How did Shruti become more important than me for my own father. That little kid had won everyone's heart faking her innocence and smile. Even my mother was always nice to her. That alone left my blood boiling with anger at the mention of even her name.

I decided that I would never let her win so I studied hard. I got so busy with my studies that I didn't come out of my room for days sometimes.

I was always cold towards her. I ignored her existence.

Even if I didn't want to, I could never look at her without hatred after that day.

I would never fall in her trap. That's what I said to myself everyday.

I never had girlfriends, I never had the time to date. I was too focused on hating and ignoring her.

I ignored everything that a normal teenager would do just to prove my Dad that I was more deserving than her.

I knew, Shruti has a crush on me. I have always noticed her taking shy glances and trying to do everything to bring me happiness.

The only thing that she didn't know was that her existence was the only hindrance to my happiness.

I tried everything to avoid her but that stupid woman never understood. I still remember the first time she confessed to me. It was on my 18th birthday.

I was in my room lying on the bed after the tiring party. She suddenly came in my room with a box in her hand.

She was beautiful in her white salwar kameez with pink dupatta over her left shoulder. Her velvety jet black locks cascading down to her waist. She was just so beautiful has always been, but I hated her.