5.

💗 "The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun"💗

Shruti's POV :

I was busy filling up the form for my higher studies

I was busy filling up the form for my higher studies. I was done with my final exams and was about to get my degree but I wanted to do my Master's degree in Business Administration so that in the future I could help my husband with his buisness.

I realised mom was not back yet. It was 4PM already. I decided to call her.

Just as I was about to call my phone rang. It was from mom, "Shruti beta. What are doing? I have to tell you something important." Mom said in a serious tone.

"Yes Ma. What is it?" I said thinking what might have happened to make mom so serious.

"Your aunt is not doing well. I might have to stay the night here or even a week. Dad is also coming over. Please take care of yourself and Yash beta. I will try to be back soon."

"Oh my! What happened to aunty?" I asked with a heavy heart. She was dad's younger sister.

"She has her kidneys damaged. She might have to get an operation soon." She said with gloomy voice. I could make out from her words that she was very sad.

"Oh God! I will pray for her to get well soon. You don't have to worry about us Ma. I will take care of Yash. You stay with aunt as long as you need Ma."

"Thank you beta. Take care I will be back soon. Ok I am hanging up now." With that she hung up the call.

I was about to check if Dad already left, when my phone rang again. It was Yash. His name alone made me nervous. It was the first time he called me after marriage. He might want to tell me about aunty.

I hit the green button to receive the call.

Before I could say anything,
"Be ready we are going to the party of one of the most important investors. Don't be late I'll come pick you up at 5:30." He said in a hurry.

I was thankful that at least he let me know about it an hour earlier or I would go crazy while deciding what to wear.

I went downstairs to look for Dad.

Dad was in the hallway with a big suitcase. "Dad are you leaving?" I asked.

"Yes beta. I am leaving. We will try to be back soon, until then please bear with Suyeh. Take care of yourself okay. I better hurry." He said before leaving with a sad face. I know he didn't want to show the weak side of him to me. I just know how sad he his. Aunt is dad's only sister.

"Be careful on your way." I said to his retreating back.

I just hope aunt gets well soon. Giving out a tired sigh I went back to our room to get ready for the party.

I hummed my way to the room. I chose a red saree from the wardrobe with a black blouse.

I adorned my face with vermilion and a light makeup. I chose earrings from the boxes of earnings mom gave me on the day of our wedding.