[ 29 ]

- Noor's POV -

"Ladies and gentlemen! Our groom-to-be has gotten hasty, being unable to hold back, he's going to slide the ring on right away!" The host keeps announcing everything, freaking me out.

Yasir flips open the box, revealing a decent sized cushion-shaped ring. When I say decent sized, I mean it's huge. My jaw drops as I see the light shine off the ring, making is sparkle brighter than the stars.

"Noor." Yasir waits for me to extend my hand.

I reach out, only for him to scold me lightly. "Not your right hand!"

"Oh, s-sorry." I'm heavily distracted by that ring. I quickly extend my left hand. "That looks heavy, are you sure you want to give me this? What if I lose it?"

"I don't know. Do you want it?" He asks, almost playfully, while slipping the ring in halfway.

"Just slip it on. People are staring." I say out of feeling self conscious.

Once he slips on the ring, my hand feels heavier. Not in the sense that the stone is heavy [which is sort of is] but... it's some kind of emotional weight.

I stare at the ring while the guests applaud and cheer again. "You weren't joking about the ring." I say as I think back to our conversation in his office.

"I had to make sure I exceeded Omar's joke of a ring." He says as matter of fact.

I roll my eyes. "You do realize not everyone's as wealthy as you to be able to afford something like this?"

"So?" He takes my left hand to extend it to the cameras in front of us.

He leans down beside my ear, "Besides, I like showing you off as mine and this will bring much more attention to that fact." He says in a raspy, almost seductive tone, making me jump back a little.

"You need to stop messing with me like this, please." My voice cracks a little.

I don't know if that comment irked him but he takes a few steps away from me.

If I keep pushing him away, it'll be even worst. I need to stop acting so sensitive because I'm trying to have him either like me back or hate me so I can hate him too. And we all know I'd rather have the former rather than the latter.

But once I look around, I see why he put some space in between us.

Take a lucky guess who's still in the crowd, looking like she wants to murder me?

That's right, it's our favourite churail, Nadira.

She waves at me with a wicked smile on her face.

"This can't be good..." I say out loud, to myself.

"Noor! Let us see!" Farrah says loudly as she, parents from both sides and Ayesha makes their way towards us.

I put on a smile and show them the ring.

"My son has such a good taste." His mother smiles proudly.

"He chose the ring?" I ask, heavily interested.

Yasir's mother nods. "He insisted he wanted to choose the ring."