[ 47 ]

- Yasir's POV -

"You look a lot healthier, Yasir. I'm sorry I couldn't drop by, I was in Paris for fashion week." Nadira says with an innocent smile.

That smile once made me my heart flutter but now, it only makes my chest burn with hurt.

"That's okay. I was fine." I lie. "There's something I would like to talk to you about."

"Oh, before that! Babe, Chanel just released one of their signature purses in a limited edition style, I was wondering if we can drop by the store next week to have you buy it for me?" She grins.

I form my hands in a fist. I want to punch a wall so fucking bad right now.

Even now, even when I act serious, she's only ever cared about herself and her materialistic things. Even-fucking-now.

"Are you okay, babe?" She raises a brow.

"Actually, no. I have bad news." I sigh.

"Maybe a nice dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant can cheer you up! Shahid's out of the country for a week so you can have me for a whole week! We can go to Europe? Shopping? Sight seeing?"

I slam my hand on the table hard enough to make her jump back. "Can you listen to me for two fucking seconds?"

"Babe! I'm pregnant! You can't act so violent around me. I'm carrying the future heir." She frowns.

"I'm fucked. The company's going down and I'm going down with it." I say.

She looks at me for a couple of seconds and stands up. "Huh?!"

I rub my temples, looking stressed. But in reality, her behaviour actually has me stressed beyond limit. "While I was sick, a few of our business partners made some underhand deals. I'm going to have to disappear after selling everything."

"Oh." That's all she says for a moment.

I reach out to grab her hand, just to see how she would react and she does exactly what stung, she quickly moves her arm away, taking a step back.

"Yasir, babe, I think we should end it here." She finally says.

"But I need you the most, Nadira." My throat burns as I say those words.

"I know, babe, I know. And I love you but my baby needs stability. I knew you'd mess it up at some point but I didn't expect it to be this early." She shrugs her shoulders as if her words don't feel like dagger.

"Excuse me?" My eyes widen.

"You were always so aggressive and unmotivated sometimes. Shahid is always working and working, making sure shit like this would never happen. I knew I made the right decision when I married him instead of you." Those words stung. They stung harder than I would've liked. "Maybe you should've kept Noor. She would've came in handy during times like this."

"This is fucking insane. So, you only ever wanted me for my money?" I almost couldn't believe that she's admitting it.

"Not only for the money. I did love you, I think, at some point. Maybe. Besides, I'm shocked it took you this long to figure that out." She has a smug grin on her face. "Listen, Yasir. No offence but the world is harsh and I need to look out for myself."

"So you fucked me up for your own gain?" I take a step towards her as my anger seeps through. "You broke me, let me drown in my own pain for years, didn't let Noor help me out, murdered me over and over again because you needed me isolated as a back up plan?"

"Yasir, now you're being over dramatic." Her confident tone of voice quickly summers to uncertainty.

"I tried to take my fucking life, Nadira. I tried to kill myself because I thought I wasn't good enough for you, for the woman I loved. I tried to kill myself from the pain you caused me. I tried to kill my self because you made sure to isolate me. It wasn't just once, it wasn't twice, it was multiple fucking times." My voice is so loud that it sounds ferocious.