[ 50 ] Bonus Chapter

- Narrator's POV -
Lateef and Farrah

"Can you believe Noor's due in less than two months? We're going to be an aunt and uncle!" Farrah grins.

"You haven't stopped talking about the baby since you found out she was pregnant. Do you plan on giving me any attention?" Lateef frowns.

She laughs. "You should be grateful that I even show up to spend time with you."

He sighs, looking down at the menu and Farrah thinks that he was being serious.

"Hey... I'm sorry." She nudges his hand that was resting on the table. "Was I being that annoying? I'm just so excited! I guess I'd be annoyed if someone talked about a baby for seven months straight."

"It's fine. It's just that—never mind." He halts his thoughts, which begins to make Farrah feel guilty. "Have you chosen anything you want to eat? Should I order the usual?"

She couldn't help but reach out her hand to hold his. "Come on, you know you can tell me anything. What's on your mind? I promise I'll listen."

"How serious are you about us?" He asks, surprising her.

"I—uh—I'm expecting us to spend the rest of our lives together..." She answers shyly.

"You are?" There's genuine surprise in his tone.

"Why do you sound so shocked? I told you I wouldn't give anyone a chance unless it meant marriage."

There's silence and the silence fills Farrah with dread as she quickly pulls her hand away.

"Is that not what you had in mind? Did you not want to marry me?" The fear in her voice is apparent, there's no hiding it.

Her heart slowly starts cracking when Lateef doesn't say anything. He staring off somewhere else, anywhere but at her.

"Lateef... I told you I love you months back... You should've broke it off, then."  Her eyes are blurry and she's doing everything in her power to not burst into tears in a public setting. "Why did you wait so long before realizing you didn't—"

He grabs her wrist just as she was about to stand up, cutting her sentence short.

"Don't go." He manages to say.

"Don't go? I just sat here through your silence while thinking about how you just threw my heart into the trash!" Her voice is shaking, unable to hold any strength.

"That's not it, Farrah. Please, give me a minute. I... I didn't think you'd want to marry someone like me."

"What? Why not?" She asks defensively.

"You said I didn't seem like someone who'd be a marriage type." He answers quietly.

Farrah's confusion is quite clear on her face. "I don't understand."

"I thought... you didn't want to marry me because I didn't seem like a faithful type of man." He finally admits.

"You idiot, I told you I loved you. Did that not get through to your head?" She sighs. "You know I joke around a lot; sometimes, a bit too much. But the moment when I tell you how I feel, it's real. There's no joking about feelings."

"Do you still want to marry me?" He asks innocently.

"Yes!" She says excitedly. "You need to have more confidence in yourself—in us. Especially after how far we've come."

Suddenly, a waiter comes by and places a bouquet of red roses on the table with a small chocolate cake by it.

"Excuse me," I call after him. "But haven't ordered yer, I don't think this is our—"