[ 31 ]

- Noor's POV -

I tilt my hand to the left and right to see the stone sparkle against the sunlight. It shines as if there's some magical fairies living in it, making it glow in rainbow colours every time light hits it. It's so mesmerizing, I get distracted by it too often than I'd like to admit.

It also reminds me every day that I'm married... to Yasir Khan.

Crazy, huh?

The ring has started to feel lighter as days go by but there's still that weighty feel. As if the ring itself isn't ready to accept me yet or maybe I'm not ready to accept it yet.

Anyways, you're probably wondering about how I broke the news about Turkey to my parents? I didn't. I asked Yasir to.

It's the same as having a friend ask your parents if you can go out or do something just so the chances of them agreeing is higher.

But I keep forgetting I'm married to this man so my parents wouldn't need much convincing, but it's better to be safe.

They agreed almost instantaneously, actually. They thought it would be a great idea for Yasir and I get to know each other and see how we get along. They were even more excited that I finally get to travel and the leave the country. I've been wanting to go for years but we couldn't afford a good vacation forever.

All the money I saved up from work is going straight into a fund to send my family on vacation.

I got too excited and ended up doing some shopping for dresses to wear. I packed a cosmetic bag with all my makeup because I'm not about to look like a zombie in any of the photos. I also packed sneakers and cute, comfy sandals so there will be no complaining! I also packed a few of my fancier, chiffon hijabs along with my usual cotton hijabs, just in case I feel classy mid-trip.

For the flight outfit, I'm wearing high-waisted dark brown palazzo pants with a simple short sleeve white shirt tucked in. I covered up with an oversized brown cardigan.

My hijab colour? Black. I only wear colour when I'm feeling brave.

I chill in my living room, waiting for Yasir to pick me up.

"I cannot believe you're going to Turkey! How did that even happen? What did you threaten him with in the car that day?" Ayesha complains.

"I told him I'd snatch up Nadira's soul if he doesn't take me on this trip." I laugh.

"If you don't send us on vacation next, I'll actually consider cutting ties with you." She teases.

"That sounds more like a gift than a threat." I raise a brow and both of us burst into laughter.

Farrah couldn't come today to see me off because of work but I FaceTimed her. She's equally as envious as Ayesha but in an excited way. I promised them I'll bring back souvenirs and both of them instantly became excited.

I get a text from Yasir that he's outside and I jump up from excitement.

"He's here? Let me go greet him." Ayesha grabs her scarf and runs out before me to see him.

Once I roll out my luggage, I see Ayesha in front of the rolled down window, laughing about something with Yasir.

What is she up to?

I pick up my luggage and place it in the trunk of his white Rover, no thanks to Yasir.

"What are you two laughing about?" I ask as I make my way to the car door.

"You." She grins. "Have a fun trip!"

Amma and Abbu wave at me from the door and I wave back with a big smile on my face.