ten

its 1am and instead of starting the assignment i had that was due an hour ago i wrote this instead LMFAO enjoy

I hummed along to Breathe by Pink Floyd, as I walked along the paths of Berkeley's campus on my way to my last class of the day. It was a Friday afternoon in February, and I was feeling quite content with life at the moment.

The lecture building was humid and already half-filled with students, each of them rubbing their eyes from exhaustion or talking about the parties they'd be going to this weekend.

I could never understand how people were able to go to full days of classes five days a week, then party all weekend, then do it all over again every week. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be able to function.

Maybe that's why I hadn't spoken to Cheryl very much in a couple weeks.

She had grown close with some party girls, people who I knew I wouldn't get along with. Partying was something that I know I couldn't handle anymore. After my days of being a hardcore druggie, I knew that mentall I couldn't go, so when she invited me to things with her new friends I had to say I was busy, no matter how badly I wanted to see her.

That and I knew that these girls were fans of Harry Styles. I couldn't help but think that maybe they befriended Cheryl to get close to me because of Harry. Surely adults would be more mature than that, right?

I didn't exactly mind that we weren't seeing each other though, as bad as it sounds I was able to focus on myself more, and getting through this last semester. I really just needed to focus on the next few months and getting through them, successfully graduating from university.

Friends came and went anyways, I learned that with Harry. It's not something we could control, people grow apart... it's just life.

I sat down in one of the many empty chairs, setting my bag down and taking my headphones out of my ears. Just as I was about to take my laptop out of my bag, a boy sat down next to me.

"How are you today, Isabella?"

"Calum, how many times do I need to tell you, it's just Bella." I smiled at the brown haired boy.

Calum was tan, had brown hair and big brown eyes. He was quite tall and muscular, overall quite an attractive man.

He wasn't exactly a stranger to me, just somebody I'd talk too here and there during this class. We were both studying to become teachers, but from my knowledge that was about the extent of our similarities.

"Okay, okay. Bella it is." He smiled. "So what are you doing this weekend?"

"Probably just studying, sleeping. Sleeping would be nice too." I half-laughed.

"Do you wanna maybe hang out? We could go to a library or something to study so I don't take away from any of your studying time."

I blinked a couple times, taking in what he said. I barely knew him, and going out with people I didn't know very well in the past didn't lead to very good things.

"Maybe? I'm not sure..." I trailed off, unsure of how to tell him I wasn't wanting to go out with him.

"Bella, this isn't me being a creep asking you out. I genuinely just want to be friends with you, as you may have noticed I don't talk to very many people, you just seem like someone I could vibe with." He smiled.

I nodded, an unsure look still prominent on my face.

"How about I give you my number? Then if you want to do something then you can text me, no pressure, and I won't be offended if you don't, homework can be crazy sometimes."