twenty-two

the past couple days have been shit so heres a chapter because writing and reading ur comments are the only things that make me happy rn ily always

also BUCKLE UP BOYS AND GIRLS its gonna be a long one (i know last time i said that it wasn't a good thing so maybe i decided to be nice this time hehe)

"Bella!"

I yawned and set my pen down, looking up towards the door I saw that my co-worker and new-found friend Tracy had walked in the room. She was teaching kindergarten and our rooms just happened to be right next to each other, so we'd become greatly acquainted in the past two months since the year started.

"Morning," I said, sighing at the stack of spelling tests that I still had yet to grade before my students started arriving for the day.

"You look down, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just have a lot of stuff to get done, is all." I wasn't lying. Christmas was in two weeks and I had more than enough work to do, plus I hadn't had enough free time to even begin Christmas shopping.

Plus I had made it my personal mission to talk try and get Ella to open up to me.

"Okay... then this may not be the best suggestion but if you wanted to take a breather Liza and I are going out tonight, I was wondering if you wanted to come? She's been bugging me to get out with some work friends... she wants to meet you before the wedding."

I smiled and thought about it for a second. Going out sounded really nice, I guess I'd push my responsibilities away for another evening.

"You know what? I'd love to come. Where and what time?"

"The Franklin. Probably around five? I have to stop by the house and pick her up before we go. Oh, and bring somebody," She winked, and immediately I knew that she was referring to Calum.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "I'll see."

"Okay, well I'm gonna go but I'll see you tonight." She waved before leaving the room.

Soon enough, kids started piling in for the day. I quickly got started with the lessons. During reading time I walked over to where Ella was sitting and kneeled down next to her.

"What are you reading girlie?" I smiled lightly at her, not wanting to startle her.

To my surprise, she tilted the book away from her and towards me so I could read the cover page, and I smiled seeing it was a Dr. Suess book.

"That's my favourite one."

She smiled and nodded at me before turning her attention back to the book.

Before we knew it, it was lunch time and everybody was heading outside for recess. Once I finished helping tie some of the kids boots, I made my way to Calums office.

I knocked on the door and opened it as I heard him mumble 'come in.'

When I walked inside Calum turned his attention to me, and his eyes lit up when he saw it was me. "Hi," I smiled at him while taking a seat on the couch.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting to see you today, you left pretty early."

"Yeah, I had a bunch of stuff to get done." I shrugged.

"I see. Anyways, whats up?" He asked.

"Tracy invited us to go out with her tonight... well she invited me and said that I should bring somebody so I thought you might want to come? If you have too much going on I understand so it's not a problem-"