twenty-five

LOOK WHAT I OPENED MY DMS TOO OH MY GOD

also might fuck around and finish this book tonight, i have the epilogue written hahahahah

"Merry Christmas my love." A kiss was pressed to my shoulder.

I let out a yawn and rolled over in my bed, a sloppy smile prominent on my face as Harry put his hand on my cheek. His thumb ran across the skin just under my eye. I blinked while looking at him.

"Merry Christmas Harry." I placed a kiss on his nose.

"How'd you sleep?" He questioned, still running his thumb on my cheek.

"Good, after you stopped snoring."

"I do not snore." He retracted his hand from my face and stared at me, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, sure babe. Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes playfully. He scoffed and a pouty look covered his face.

"Changing the subject," I said, cuddling into his side. "I love your morning voice."

"Nope. You don't get to change the subject."

"Legally I can. It's Christmas so you can't be stubborn today." I smiled.

"Legally?"

"Mhm."

"Then legally I can do this," He rolled over on top of me, and began tickling my sides.

"Harry!"

I laughed loudly as he stopped, then rested his head on my chest. I'm glad we'd grown to be comfortable with each other again, and honestly I didn't realize how much I actually missed him until we slept in the same bed for the first tiem since we'd gotten back together.

Part of me was glad that I wasn't going home for the holidays, and neither was Harry. It would have been too chaotic for either of us to go home, but we agreed with our families that we'd get together with them sometime after the New Year, even though I didn't want to share Harry with anybody.

Could you really blame me though?

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, looking up at me with his beautiful emerald eyes.

"How amazing you are." I took one of his curls in between my thumb and forefinger, and began twisting it around.

"You're amazing Bella. I love you."

"And I love you."

We stayed in bed for awhile longer before getting up. Today we were lazing around the apartment, just because we didn't have anything planned other than cooking breakfast and watching movies... oh, and spiked egg nog, of course.

It was around one in the afternoon when Harry fell asleep on the couch with his head in my lap while I ran my fingers through his hair. We weren't gonna open presents until dinner, something he'd asked me if we could do... I wasn't sure why but of course, I obliged.

Harry falling asleep gave me some time to think about what Cindy had spoken to me about when she picked up Ella last week. She said that Ella was going to be moving to Texas to a new foster home unless somebody in the state wanted to adopt her, but it didn't seem like that would be happening anytime soon. Cindy said people didn''t normally adopt in the months after Christmas, which broke my heart.

Until she asked me if I would consider adopting Ella.

At first I was shocked, but then she explained that Ella had only began opening up when I started talking to her. It seemed like she was beginning to get back on her feet, all because of me. Of course, the thought had corssed my mind a few times, but I didn't think about it that seriously... until she asked.

Truthfully the thought terrified me. Was I ready for a kid? Of course, I worked with kids and I adored every moment of it, but could I really come home to a daughter? Would Ella even accept me as her mom? And what the hell would Harry think? I had absoultely no idea what his reaction would be if I brought up the idea to him, but there were only a couple months until Ella would be moving if she didn't find a family.

Cindy did say that it seemed like Ella's best shot at life, would be with me. But with all of the things I had to consider, I felt more overwhelmed than over joyed at her words.

Carefully, I got up from my place on the couch, not wanting to wake Harry. Cooking a bit would help me clear my head, not that there was much cooking for me to do... but both Harry and I wanted the day to feel as Christmassy as it could, considering it was our first Christmas together in years.

As I threw the turkey in the oven, I felt Harrys arms wrap around me waist. He placed a kiss on my neck before resting his chin in the crook of my neck, and I could feel him smiling.

"Good afternoon sleepy head."

"You started cooking without me." He mumbled.

"I didn't want to wake you, you just looked too peaceful." I hummed, grabbing the box of pre-made stuffing.

"I don't deserve you Bella."

I set the box down and turned around, frowing. "I think it's the other way around. You're too good for me."

"No... I really don't think you understand what I mean. You are so strong, and independent, and you have no reason to keep me around, because you can do quite literally anything on your own, you don't need anyone. I do not deserve you, because you are too amazing."

I just looked at him, unsure of where his sudden outburst of emotions came from. It almost scared me, even though we exchanged 'I love yous' often throughout the day, his words seemed to be coming out of nowhere. I began to tear up, because I hadn't heard those words sincerely in so long. He was amazing, I loved Harry with every fibre of me being.

"You're gonna make me cry. I love you so much Harry, I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I think you'd be fine without me, love."

"But that doesn't mean I ever want you to leave. Ever."

Harry looked at me, eyes wide and a smile planted on his lips. "Wait here," He said before kissing my lips lightly and walking off into the livingroom.

I raised an eyebrow before turning back around, opening the box I poured the stuffing into a large glass bowl, without realizing I didn't have enough counter space due to the mess I had made while seasoning the turkey. I cursed under my breath and turned around to walk to the table, but stopped in my tracks when the bowl fell from my hands and smashed against the ground at the sight of Harry down on one knee, a blue velvet box holding a simple dimond ring in his hands.

"Marry me."