4: PTSI Not PTSD

One week later
Carlos' point of view
I looked over to TK, as he continued to almost sob in his sleep. He mumble some words that couldn't actually be understood. I softly shook him, as it seemed to only be getting worse. "TK, baby come on. It's okay." I said as he finally jerked awake, with big fear full eyes. "Hey, it's okay." I said, as I wiped a few stray tears on his face. "Shh, it's alright. It was just a dream." I said quietly as he pulled his face into my chest, as I played with the short hair on the back of his neck. "It wasn't just a dream." He mumbled against me, as I continued to play with his hair. The past week this has been happening just about every night, he wakes up frantic like this. This is the first time he has said anything about it, which is a step in the right direction. I got into a car accident during a chase, and the 126 was the responding team on the accident. I know that's what is causing his problems at night, and his other problems.

"TK, wanna tell me about it?" I asked as I glanced down at him, now as he sniffled lightly. He just shook his head, as he wrapped his face free of the tears. "No, I'm sorry I woke you up. You should be sleeping, I know you're still healing." He said, and it's partly what I expected. "Okay, well could you just humor me? I don't remember anything from that whole day, and your dreams seem to be getting worse. I think maybe you should talk about it." I said as I looked down at him as he traced little patterns on my bare chest. "You know, it's just a suggestion." I added on, after a few seconds without an answer. "Okay." He said, before he shifted a bit to completely place himself in my lap. He still had his head resting on my chest, and my arms were still wrapped around his waist. We were still laying down, so he was just laying on top of me. It's not exactly uncommon, he does this a lot the whole laying on top of me. When he doesn't want me to get up, when he's still tried, when he can't get comfortable, anytime really.

Flashback
a week and a half ago
TK's point of view
So far this shift was pretty slow, only one call. It was for a fire that didn't have the proper permit to burn, so it was an easy call. I sigh as I was helping Paul, and Judd clean the rig. "Well, did lover boy drive you to work this morning?" I heard Judd ask, as I have actually been in a pretty good mood today. "If you mean Carlos, then yes." I said smiling as I thought about him, but continued cleaning. "I figured that, you have been too cheery today. It's nice, but also really out of character for you." Judd said, making both him and Paul laugh. I just rolled my eyes without making a comment back, because I guess it's true I am pretty happy today. "You know I can be happy sometimes, it's not completely out of character for me." I said with a bit more of an attitude with it. "Yeah, we got that TK. So lover boy been treating you good? If not I will have no problem taking care of him." Judd asked, as he stopped to look up at me followed by Paul. "Yes, he's treating me just fine, also I really don't need any of you taking care of him. Besides if it were true, my dad would definitely beat you to it." I said smiling at them, as they both nodded and went back to cleaning.

"You know, we are her..." As Paul was talking He was cut short by the alarms going off. So much for that conversation, I thought as I quickly climbed down from the rig. Judd headed towards the back, and I climbed in behind Paul as the rest of the 126 came climbing in. My dad was the last one in, he was still getting new information about the call over the radio. I was only getting bits of it, as everyone else was talking. So I stopped paying attention to the things on the radio, and mainly on the other members of the 126. I'm just looking forwards to going home to Carlos, I practically live there now. We just had our one year anniversary, which is huge. I mean I went into this relationship expecting it to have no strings, and it would just be hook ups. Well, it's been over a year and I'm falling for him even more every day.

At the scene
As soon as I saw the police cruiser, I started panicking a bit since Carlos is usually patrolling this area. "Alright, we're going to be short one person today. So we need to work just a little harder, Paul, Judd I want you two on the jaws. Mateo and Marjan I want you putting braces on and checking bp. I just need you two helping medical the best you can, anything they need." He paused for a few seconds, and looked completely away from me. "TK, you're sitting this one out. It's too personal, and we don't need you getting in the way trying to talk him right now." He said quietly more to me then the whole crew. "We don't even know what conditions Carlos is in right now, so you're off this one."