21: A Tarlos Wedding

This photo was posted to i_stan_rafa on Instagram and the amazing artist who created this is somewillwin or somewilllose I'm not exactly sure on that. I just thought it was a really adorable picture, and I did ask permission. I do 100% recommend following both of them, because both of their accounts are amazing. 🤩🤩🤩

The venue

The venue

The reception

The reception

10 months till the Wedding
TK's point of view
"You're telling me you're getting stuck looking at wedding venues all weekend? I never pictured Carlos's to be so set on having the perfect wedding, I figured it would always be you planning it." Judd said as the team continued to clean the rig, and replace equipment. "Yeah, I'm getting forced to look at venues. It's not Carlos making me, he's fine with anything that will make me happy." I sighed as I picked up the hose to place it in the cab it on the side of the rig. "It's kind of your wedding, so you two have to plan it." Majran argued as she joined the conversation between Judd, and I. I couldn't hold back my eye roll any more, once I heard her say that. I have nothing against her, but neither of us cared to have a wedding. Well I think secretly Carlos was hoping I would want a big wedding, but I like to disappoint people I guess.

"I was completely fine with going to the courthouse, and getting eloped." I shrugged, before I continued rolling up hoses. "Well, why don't you? If that's what you want, then do it." She shrugged once she realized, I didn't even want a wedding. It was kind of quiet for a few seconds, I know I always dreamed of a big wedding. It just with my past, maybe that isn't meant for me. "No, he's just saying that now so he can get it done and over with. He wants a wedding, he just doesn't want the recurring nightmare of being left on the alter." My dad called down from the top step, as I'm assuming he heard the whole conversation. "Isn't That right Judd? Everyone has that nightmare." My dad asked Judd, since those were the only two that have ever been married on the team. I hate that my dad had that grin that he wears, when he knows he right. "Yeah, that's a pretty good description." Judd finally answered, as he called back to my dad.

5 Hours till the wedding
Third Person Perspective
"How you feeling kid?" Owen asked as he entered the room TK was getting ready in, and TK couldn't help rolling his eyes. He tried acting fine, like everything was normal. He tried pretending like he was a giant bundle of nerves, like he didn't feel sick to his stomach. He tried pushing all the negative thoughts that were weighing him down to the back of his mind, but it wasn't work. It wasn't believable to his father anyways, he saw right through the wall his son had up. "That bad?" Owen asked quietly as they finally made eye contact, and the dam finally broke. Tearful eyes were quick to overflow, and it was pointless to wipe them since they were immediately replaced. TK sighed, as he continued to wipe his face.