《 12 》

{ Author's pov }

Today was it. Today was the day Seonghwa was going to finally talk to Sooyoung. He was quite nervous, although they've known each other for years. Sooyoung and him sometimes talk but not quite often. But today Seonghwa wanted to fix things between the both of them.

Sooyoung was still staying at Seonghwa's place since her parents are still out of town. Usually they would exchange stares at one another and talk for a few seconds. Just a few "how are you doing?" to "I'm good thanks" and thats all. Seonghwa and Sooyoung had both returned home from a long day at school.

College only seems to be getting more stressful for both of the students. Sooyoung hasn't been able to hang out with Yunho either since they both have been busy. She's quite sad she can't hang out with her crush but right now she's mainly focusing on school.

Seonghwa was now in his room, practicing what he was going to say to Sooyoung. He's never been this nervous around Sooyoung. All he just wants is for them to talk again and hang out, not just exchange glances and have 10 second conversations.

"Okay I think I'm ready?", Seonghwa said, although he made it sound more like a question. Soon he put on his black slippers and walked to the guest room where Sooyoung was staying at. As Seonghwa was about to knock on the door, Sooyoung had opened the door, surprising the both of them.

"Hi..."

"Hi..."

They said at the same time. They just stood there awkwardly while looking everywhere but each other.

"I was just about to talk to you," Sooyoung said before letting Seonghwa into her room. "I was going to do the same actually", Seonghwa said while sitting on the bed in the room. Sooyoung closed the door and sat down in a chair that was by her desk. There was a moment of silence before Sooyoung had cleared her throat, gaining Seonghwa's attention.

"I'm sorry..", she said while playing with her fingers. Whenever Sooyoung gets nervous or anxious, she usually fiddles around with her fingers (which Seonghwa always thought was cute).

"No I should be the one who's sorry, I don't know what came over me and why I got so mad....", Seonghwa said, but he knew why he was mad at her and why he started fighting with her about Yunho. He just didn't want Sooyoung to know for some reason. He felt embarrassed how he easily got jealous when he heard you were hanging out with Yunho. He just couldn't imagine seeing the both of his best friends talking, laughing with each other, sharing smiles and memories with one another. It just bothered him a lot and he let his anger take control of his emotions at that moment.

"I honestly should've just put Yunho aside and payed more attention to you. Your mom even told me she was worried about you. She told me how you've been acting different and that's been worrying me too Seonghwa", all Seonghwa could do was nod his head in response. He knew Sooyoung was looking at him but he couldn't bring himself to look back at her. Sooyoung noticed Seonghwa's action and walked over to him. She kneeled down, put her hand under Seonghwa's chin and lifted his head up, making him look at her.

Seonghwa was shocked by the sudden action and could feel his face warm up.

"If I'm talking to you, you need to look at me Hwa", Seonghwa ignored the girl and just looked into her brown eyes. Seonghwa could get lost in her eyes in a matter of seconds. Sooyoung was getting nervous by what Seonghwa was doing, so she pulled her hand away from his chin and looked away.

"I just- I hope your doing fine...", Sooyoung said while getting up and sitting back on the chair.

"I'm doing fine it's just..."

"It's just what?", questioned Sooyoung. She knew something was up with Seonghwa but couldn't figure out what. She wanted him to say it, so he could just get the weight off of his shoulders.

"Come on you can tell me anything Seonghwa, we're best friends", Sooyoung said, hoping to reassure the confused yet worried boy that was sitting on her bed.

"I can't, it's not that easy.."

"I'm sure it's easy, just say it and I'm sure I'll understand", Sooyoung gave Seonghwa a reassuring smile, hoping he would tell her what's been on his mind these past few days

( a/n : more like years )

"I want to tell you, believe me I really do but I'm just scared"

"Scared of what? You can't possibly be scared of anything, I'll always be by your side", Seonghwa kept nodding his head no, knowing he doesn't have the courage to say what he wants to say.

"Just tell me Hwa"

"I'll be able to understand"

"There's nothing to be-"

"I'm scared that if I tell you, I'm going to lose you!", Seonghwa yelled out while standing up. Sooyoung jumped at the sudden change of his tone.

Sooyoung was wondering why he thought he'd lose her. She made a promise to always be by his side, no matter what. Through everything that comes in they're way, she'll be there by him no matter what. Cause she cares for Seonghwa.

"What do you mean? Seonghwa I won't ever leave you, you know that", Sooyoung said while giving Seonghwa a hug. Seonghwa hugged her back, missing her warmth and her touch. He missed Sooyoung a lot, more then before. He missed everything about her. From her beautiful brown eyes, to her pretty smile, from her honey and vanilla scent she always has. He never knew he missed Sooyoung this much.

"But I already lost you...", Seonghwa said while pulling away from the hug. The girl gave him a confused look as to why he said that to her.

"Lost me to what? To who?"

"To Yunho"

__________________

Wait I'm like low key proud how this chapter turned out! Like I thought it was going to be like meh but now I'm like wow. Surprised I actually wrote something good. I hope you all enjoy this new update! Don't worry it'll get happy from here, there won't be anymore sad Seonghwa I promise! Thanks for reading! I love you all and stay safe!

Instagram: @pardon.kookie

Twitter: @pardonkookie7

YouTube: Pardon Kookie

~ PardonKookie7 ❣️