《 18 》

{ Author's pov }

As another day of school had ended for Sooyoung and her friends. As usual, Sooyoung and Seonghwa walked home side by side, although Sooyoung felt very awkward after the little incident between Seonghwa and Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung I was wondering if you wanted to maybe stop by the café and go to our usual spot", Seonghwa said to the silent girl walking beside him. Sooyoung looked up almost immediately and awkwardly smiled.

"Oh I can't", she said and continued to have the same awkward smile on her face. Seonghwa looked at the girl, tilting his head slightly to the left and looked at Sooyoung.

"Why not? I thought you had finished your homework"

"Well I'm actually going to hangout with Yunho later", as Sooyoung said Yunho's name, Seonghwa felt sad and devastated that his own best friend choose Yunho over him. But that sadness soon got flooded with anger, but he didn't want to show it, not wanting to argue with Sooyoung anymore.

"O-oh, yeah that's fine I guess, maybe next time?", he said, making the girl nod her head and smile at him, then turning back to walk again, leaving Seonghwa to stand alone. Seonghwa quickly followed behind her and the two began walking in silence yet again.

__________________

As time passed by, Sooyoung had soon gotten a text form Yunho, saying he was outside waiting for her. Sooyoung hurried and out her shoes on, almost tripping down the stairs.

"Woah there, looks like someone is in a hurry", laughed Mrs. Park. Sooyoung managed to put her shoes on and looked at Seonghwa's mom with a bright smile.

"Yeah I am, I'm hanging out with a friend today and I'm quite excited", Sooyoung said while dusting herself. Seonghwa's mom looked at Sooyoung and gave her a 'who's the friend' type of look.

"It's just Yunho, I'll probably be back around 9. If you need anything just call me, oh and tell Seonghwa I washed his clothes earlier, they should be in the dryer. Bye Mrs. Park!", Sooyoung quickly rushed out of the house and walked to Yunho's car which was right outside of the house. Mrs. Park looked and kept her eyes on Sooyoung, until they had both left. Mrs. Park sighed as she knew that Sooyoung liked Yunho.

"I told you mom, I'm just a friend to her nothing more", said a sad Seonghwa as he entered the living room and sat on the couch like a sack of potatoes that just got thrown on the floor.

"Seonghwa sweetie I know that she'll like you back, just give it time and if she doesn't like you, well then she's missing out. We can't force someone to like us, nor can we change their feelings towards a certain someone. Just give it some time and maybe she'll realize that Yunho isn't the one and that it's you, okay?", Seonghwa felt comfort in his mother's words. His mom always gave great advice for him and comforted him when he needed it. His mom sad beside him and began pulling him in for a hug.

Mrs. Park knew what Seonghwa must've felt, anyone would know how he felt. The feeling of your heart breaking should be a familiar feeling to some people. At some point we've all been heart broken by the people we like, or even our own family members. Mrs. Park experienced Seonghwa's pain multiple times by family, friends and even the person she thought she loved but turns out he wasn't the one for her.

Mrs. Park continued hugging her son, wanting him to know that she felt his pain once too and that she'll always be there to protect him, cause that's what mothers are supposed to do.