My Date With a Vampire

My room felt empty without Tegan but I hadn’t figured out anyway to fix the rift. So I had accepted the way things were for now. I hadn’t really spoken to Tristen since everything that had happened at the pond, not because I didn’t want to but because he was avoiding me or at least thats the vibe he was giving me. Everything had gone right back to the way it had been before anyone was in my life. I was alone and there was nothing wrong with that it was a lot easier that way. I got up in the morning, went to class, went back to my room did my homework and then would drive myself to town for a cup of coffee. That had become my everyday routine for a week and today was like every other day. 

When I got behind the wheel of my jeep and I let the road and scenery take me away from everything to a place where I was normal and everything I knew existed, didn’t. I pulled into the shop parking lot with nothing but peace swelling in my mind which suddenly was shattered when I saw a black mustang parked next to the mini van, Tristen leaning against it his arms crossed. It was like he had known I was coming here and was waiting for me. I felt my heart rate pick up I could feel the throbbing in my head like a hammer. I let my engine rumble soften as I parked on the other side of the mini van. I took in a deep breath before I pulled my keys from the ignition jumping out of my car. I slammed my door shut and walked toward Tristen who was leaning leisurely against the side of his car like he had no cares in the world. 

I let out a puff of frustration when I reached him, “What are you doing here?” my voice sounded annoyed. I watched a smirk play on his lips as he pushed himself off his car, stretching out his arms. I took a step closer to him, “Did you follow me here?” my voice rose in pitch. He looked at me with sparkling emerald eyes, “It’s a beautiful day, don’t you think? The sun always brings out the best in you...” he gave me a  devastating smile. I rolled my eyes trying to ignore his charm, “Tristen! What are you doing here?” I sounded urgent and pushy. I felt embarrassed a little by my behavior I wasn’t normally this way but he had a way of getting under my skin. He smiled down at me, “I’m going to take you somewhere.” His words weren’t a question but more of a statement of fact. I was astonished by them and that he thought he could show up whenever he wanted and assumed I would just be ok and go long with it. 

“Oh no you’re not. I’m not going anywhere with you. You have avoided me this entire week for who knows why. Then you show up here and think that I’m going to be happy to see you. I’m not one of your vampire friends I’m a human being and one with feelings at that.” I was steamed, my hands fisted at my side. Tristen stood there with a smile on his face the entire time which made me want to slug him. When I was finished he looked down at his feet releasing a soft chuckle, “Are you humans always so dramatic about these things?” he mumbled under his breath. I turned away from him in a heated passion walking towards the door my bag banging against my hip. I felt Tristen’s strong hand latch onto my arm spinning me around. I looked at him with a powerful glare, “What is your deal?” My tone was harsh. He looked down at me more serious, “Allow me to apologize for my actions this week. I have been avoiding you but it’s not what you think...” I interrupted him because my anger wouldn’t let me wait for answers and explanations. “Oh really? It seems like you made yourself pretty clear. Why explain?” I glared up at him. 

He put his free hand on the back of his neck rubbing out the tension then letting it fall to his side, “I had to keep my distance because I made the mistake and waited to long to feed. It would have been extremely dangerous for me to be around you especially since I marked you. It’s was really hard for me to stay away from you, painfully hard.” I felt the anger in my body slowly fading. I had thought it had something to do with what had happened at the pond but really he just hadn’t wanted to eat me. I let my glare relax into a gentle look and a forgiving smirk. He let his hand fall off my arm to his side. He looked a little embarrassed by his admission. I wanted to hug him and apologize for my behavior but I didn’t think he would like it very much so I opted for flashing him an innocent smile which he responded to.