Strange Relations

A couple weeks passed by with ease. Most of the days I spent the same as I had before. On the weekdays I would go to school and the weekends I would spend at the headmasters. Everything was normal as it had been. Tristen and I continued to meet with each other but we never talked about our date it seemed to be a topic on which he wanted to forget so I didn’t bring it up. There had been only one minor change and that was Tristen’s midnight visits to my room. They began a couple nights after the encounter with Madam Esme. At first, he told me he just wanted to make sure I was safe I guess when I had my nightmares he could feel that I was afraid and that made him anxious. I thought about boarding up the window so he would leave me alone and let me have some peace but after a while I looked forward to his midnight visits. He was the first person I felt I could connect with but I would never tell him that. It seemed in some places our special friendship was beginning to blur the lines with something a little more dangerous. 

I knew soon he would come crawling through my window and my heart would begin to pump just a little bit faster and just a little bit harder. I laid in the darkness watching moonbeams dance across the ceiling. I heard the faint rustle outside the window and then the sound of it gently opening. I didn’t move at first instead I let myself catch a glimpse of his figure from the corner of my eye before I rolled over. He made no noise at all but I knew he was there. I sat up in my bed my hair falling around my face in a messy fashion. His eyes were brightest things in the room. 

I watched a smile spread across his face, “You look lovely tonight.”  His voice whispered to me. I knew I was blushing but lucky for me the darkness hid that well. I patted the bed beckoning him to come and sit with me. Normally he stood near my bed or sat in front of me on the floor. It was like he was afraid to be too close to me. To my surprise tonight when I asked him to sit on the bed he walked over confidently and sat down on the foot of the bed his back to me. It wasn’t as close as I wanted him to be but closer than before. He looked a little tense sitting on my bed. I put my hand gently on his arm, “What’s wrong?” he turned his head to look at me his eyes darkening. He put his hand gently over mine, “I’m fine. I don’t really want to talk about it but it feels good to be here with you.” I pulled myself to my knees crawling closer to him. I didn’t know what I was doing but I knew what I wanted to do. 

I hesitantly positioned my body sideways beside him hoping he wouldn’t pull away. I sat there for a few minutes and when he didn’t move away from me I scooted closer until I was leaning against him and I let my head fall gently to his shoulder and rest there. I knew I was blurring the lines of our friendship but I didn’t think it would hurt anyone if I did it this once. He let out a sigh after I snuggled in close to him. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the air rushing in and filling up his lungs and then slowly leaving again. I felt him move a little so I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He was staring at the blank wall in front of him, “I don’t want to lose you. I don’t think I could handle that...” his words were honest and I felt my heart ache for him. I snuggled closer to him getting on my knees next to him. I let my hands grab his face gently and turning it to me so that he looked at me, “I’m right here, and I’m not going anywhere.” I could see in his eyes that he was struggling but not with a blood hunger. I felt a pull to move closer to him and I did. I watched his eyes dance between my eyes and my lips. My heart rate picked up it’s pace. He moved in closer to my face stopping about and inch away from my lips. He looked into my eyes and then began to back away from me. 

I knew he had wanted to kiss me, or at least I knew I wanted him to kiss me. He had held back but I needed his lips against mine to make him understand the way I was feeling. I let my hand wrap around the back of his neck and pulled him to my face and I kissed him. His lips were motionless underneath mine, but he was kissing me back within a few seconds with more force then I had expected. I felt him pushing against me causing me to fall a little more against the bed. He caged me in his kiss his arms now on either side off me. He was kissing with me a longing passion, something that rocked me to the core of my being. I felt like he was killing me with his intensity. My mind was reeling with strange memories of places I had never been and moments I had shared with him. I tried to ignore them but I couldn’t. I had to stop this kiss before it got out of hand. I tried to break away from him but he only let my lips go for a moment before he caught them again. Finally, I pressed my hand against his chest breaking the kiss for good. Both of us stared at each other breathing heavily. I was the first one to speak, “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that...” I watched a smirk play on his face, “Your right, cause I hated that...” I smiled up at him. I knew he would have to leave me soon to go and feed but for now we used our time to talk as friends.