Nightmare interlude

Everything was crumbling around me. I laid down on my bed, my breath coming in short gasps my body trembling. I folded in on myself holding onto my knees as if I let go I would fall apart. Tears fell down my face. I felt like I was trying to rip out a piece of myself. The darkness began to cloud my mind. I hadn’t had any visions or nightmares for awhile. I lost control. 

There were shadowy figures standing around what looked like a flickering light. I watched a little girl creep closer, to get a better view. She looked back at me, her eyes a bright violet color like the girl from my study and the girl from Tristen’s story. She motioned for me to follow her, so I did. I heard one of the shadows speaking like Tristen had the night we went to the circus. An enchanting language. I tried to see what they were standing around, and then I saw, a woman kneeling in the middle of them. She looked familiar, but her face was bloody and beaten, only clean where tears had fallen. She looked defeated, her breathing shallow and short, her body weak. The part that was startling was that her body was covered in the same markings I had seen on Tristen but hers were glowing silver casting light on the shadowy figures. The little girl walked out into the open where they could see her, straight towards the woman. She turned back to me, her eyes catching light, a wicked smile on her face. One of the shadow figures took a step toward the woman, “one last chance to give over the child, if you do we shall spare your life. Well whatever remains of it...” The voice was deep and distorted. I looked from the woman to the girl I had followed. I knew they must be talking about her. I watched the haunting child walk into the midst of them, she ran her arms over the strange markings on the woman. They couldn’t see her. The woman looked up, chocking a little, “Go to Hell...” another figure reached out and grabbed the woman by her hair, making her yell out in pain, “How dare you speak to him that way you little half-breed!” He gave another good yank. The other figure held out his hand to stop the treatment. I watched him lean down close to the woman, “Someday, but for now I will torment this world, because that is my right.” Another shadowy figure unsheathed what looked like a double sided blade with strange markings. He looked up to the figure, and with that look, the other with great momentum brought the sword down straight through. I let out a scream. The child looked back at me with haunting eyes. 

I woke up out of my sleep screaming, breaking out in a sweat. I felt someone touch my forehead tenderly I looked up into a pair of sapphire eyes slowly the darkness pulling me back in. 

The young girl stood before me covered in blood, a blank expression on her face. I felt myself tremble. I took a step back from her. She took a step toward me. I kept backing away further and further into the darkness. The darkness wrapped itself around me, covering my mouth with it’s shadowy hand muffling my scream. The deep distorted voice whispered into my ear, “You can’t escape me, half-breed. Now where’s the child?” My eyes opening wide looking directly at the child in front of me. I trembled as she reached out running her tiny fingers over my hand and up my arm like she was tracing something. I looked down at her and she continued to my other hand and up my arm. The darkness clung to me. I squirmed but all I heard was a wicked laugh. The child with violet eyes looked up at me with a wicked smile her teeth sharp and pointy. She took my free arm by the wrist bringing it to her mouth and then snapping her teeth through it like a shark.I screamed out in pain the darkness let go of me and my body clasping to the ground. The little girl let go of my wrist and knelt down beside me grabbing my face in her tiny hands. I felt my body squirming and twisting in pain. I let out a loud cry of pain the darkness engulfing everything including me.