Crush?

Elite High School                

ONE WEEK LATER                           

NANDINI :

Ignorance is a bliss.

If given a chance I and Manik can certainly prove it as we ignored each other since our aimless palaver at Roselinia. We didn't pester each other with our 'opposite poles' kind of beliefs after that incident.

We changed our paths whenever we encountered each other in the corridor. 

No more stares. No more chocolates, and gifts. No more baseless arguments. 

Life is a bliss!

Navya and Cabir were not certain about what happened between me and Manik that we behaved like this but I made it clear to Navya that it was better for me to stay away from Manik Malhotra. 

It was a psychology lecture when Manik sat next to me. I maintained a poker face. 

Do whatever Manik Malhotra.

Your presence doesn't bother me.

"Good Morning Students, Today we will learn about 'The triangular model of love', proposed by Robert Sternberg. So What is your definition of 'Love' guys? And how do you think it's related to Psychology?", Mr.Sen asked as he moved his gaze across the class. 

"Sir Love is Friendship.", Navya answered being the typical dramatic Shah Rukh Khan fangirl. 

"Okay. So What's the difference between friendship and love? Anyone?", Sir asked.

"Sir friendship is when we combine commitment and affection. Similarities being its baseline.", Cabir answered sitting on his favorite last bench making people amused with his participation in the class discussion.

"Is that what you refer to as 'Love' Navya? A friendship which Cabir mentioned? Or there's more to it? Come on students. We are Psychology people I expect more elaborate answers. Anyone? Ms.Murthy?", Mr.Sen asked to confirm.

All eyes were fixed at me when sir asked me to answer. Even Manik stared in my direction. 

I didn't mind answering. 

But come on why the unnecessary attention? 

"Sir Love is bounded by passion, commitment, and liking. These are the three pillars of Sternberg's model of Love. If a relationship lacks any of the above factors it's likely to be a short term one. And Love, being an emotion to which humans fantasize as something that lasts for life, should last long. But I think there can be certainly more than one form of Love. Psychologically, I think a state of mind called 'Love' might exist but it clashes much with 'Willful Ignorance and Self Deception' if an individual person is concerned.", I finished my answer and took my seat hearing a few gasps while I found somewhat troubled faces of other students. 

"Well, that's a fine analysis about love I must say. As Ms.Murthy mentioned Love should last long. But she has also raised a doubt about the psychological existence of such long-lasting Love at an individual level. Then how do Marriages last long? Anyone has anything to add to this intriguing discussion about love? ", asked Mr.Sen.

Manik stood up from his place and the whole class shifted its attention towards him.

Wow. Seriously?! Now he is going to comment on 'LOVE'?

You gotta be kidding Manik Malhotra.

What's more to say about it?

I'm not sounding overconfident, do I?