Dinner

MANIK  :

Paneer-Butter-Masala was tasty! 

Yum! And the Biryani! It tasted delicious!

What?

I'm sure you guys are acquainted with my foodie habits. Perhaps, I just had my lunch. 

I wish to have some Italian dishes for dinner. They are just savoring!

Let's have some fun!

Obviously, I deserved to have some fun after my breathtaking adventure in the morning. Seriously, I felt like my lungs would run out of oxygen when Nandini's Dadu spoke. 

I wasn't nervous or afraid though. 

Manik Malhotra is not afraid of anything. 

I started scrolling through my phone when my eyes feel on Soha Khurana's Instagram account and I followed her. Like I said the girl was hot. I was feeling sleepy as I just had my lunch. I was scrolling through her account when I thought about going out with this girl to my favorite Italian Restaurant, tonight. 

I dozed off but abruptly opened my eyes after sometime when my phone vibrated with a notification. There was a message from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: Hi! If you don't already have any plans for the night, how about having dinner together at the 'Ti Amo' restaurant?

Woah! This girl talked out my heart.

I: Sure babe. Anything for you. *Winks*

Unknown Number: Did you just flirt with me?

I: Yeah. I did. I'm not an absurd idiot to neglect such an absolute hotness. Sorry, for last night. You see the party was already planned.

Unknown Number: Manik, it's just afternoon and you are already high? Do you booze on Sunday afternoons or something?

I: What's with me being high? And just to inform you, babe, Manik Malhotra has a capacity for alcohol. Sozzled, inebriated state is not my thing. I don't drink in the afternoon. Plus, I don't get high easily. But I can act all drunk if you want me to. Just for you. *Pouts* So, tonight?

Unknown Number: Manik Malhotra. If you won't stop this flirting, I swear I'll call off this friendship. Right now, right here. 

I: Chill babe. You started this. You were the one to flirt first.

Wait. Friendship?!

No. No. No. No. NO.

Please god. It must not be what I'm thinking.

Just then her reply came.

Unknown Number: That's it. I thought we were friends. I invited you to my house. We had some nice time together in my art gallery and then you helped my Dadu in the morning so I thought of thanking you by taking you out on a dinner. But no. You had to be like this. You are such a jerk. GOODBYE.

Boom.

Shocked. Terrorized. Petrified. Stupified. Horrified. 

My face turned horrendous when I saw the message. The realization of what had just happened came like a bolt from the blue. Much to my consternation, I couldn't even think straight that what I should do to make it up. It took me a good fifteen minutes to come out of the shock.

It was just yesterday when she started trusting me but in vain. What I did.

She was being sweet by asking me out for dinner to thank me but I turned out to be a complete wazzock without my own knowledge. I tried to text her later to let her know that I thought I was chatting with Soha but she had already blocked me.