A photo shoot

Dedicated to ashuban

_______________________________

Murthy Mansion 4:00 p.m.

NANDINI:

Smearing a little sauce at the bottom of the pan, I added first layer of pasta. Covering it with the ricotta cheese all over, I spread some more sauce with a spoon. Repeating the same once again, sprinkling some mozzarella cheese, I smiled licking my tongue while suddenly; the air behind me seemed to be thicker.

Who else could it be?!

"Mr. Manik Malhotra, you can't even stop yourself for some time? Cabir and Navya might misinterpret all this," I said in an irritated tone.

Resting the chin on my shoulder, Manik wrapped his left hand around my stomach and whispered, "Nandini, you sound like a frustrated wife."

My eyes widened at his words but I chuckled feeling ticklish at the contact of his lips with my ear. Giving him a light blow with the elbow, I continued the work while he hissed. Adding the last layer of pasta and sauce, I searched for the Parmesan cheese but it was missing. I looked for it in all the bowls still couldn't find it.

"Do you want this?" Manik showed me the Parmesan cheese and I just nodded.

Only if I knew what was going on in the devil's mind.

"Even I want something in return," He smirked adding the cheese on the Lasagna. Putting the pan in oven, setting the timer, he moved to my side while I took slow steps backwards. I gulped thinking about Cabir and Navya sitting in the living room. It was my idea to chill with some tasty Lasagna after the school at Murthy Mansion.

My back collided against the granite kitchen counter. Glancing at him for once, I stared at the floor while he moved closer bending a little.

"Time for my reward," Manik said in a husky voice and I stared at him as if he was an alien.

Didn't he say he'll wait, just last night?

As a hair strand came in front of my face, he blew some air near my forehead making me close the eyes while my hands rested on his chest maintaining the much needed distance between us.

Manik moved a little but not any more close, I was about to open my eyes when something soft moved around my ear and I felt ticklish, again.

I chuckled sensing the similar movement near my other ear, bursting into fits of laughter in the next second, as he started tickling me with a thin branch of curry leaves.

"Manik, just-" I chortled again as my attempt to stop him went in vain. So, I also started tickling him. My fingers moved around his stomach, back, waist, even the neck making him laugh louder, pleading me to stop.

Holding both my wrists, Manik jerked me closer while I struggled to free myself. Hearing a loud gasp we parted abruptly.

"See, Navya, that's why I was stopping you. There was an adult scene going on. But why were you two laughing?" Cabir questioned out of the blue.

"So, this was how you were helping her," Cabir smirked quoting the word 'Helping' in air. I lowered my eyes as Navya looked in between me and Manik animatedly.

"And you both deny being in a relationship," Navya shook her head smiling at us and my head shot in her direction while Manik just cleared his throat.

"Navya, come, let's get the plates," I changed the topic for the time being.

We moved to the living room. Navya had settled for a random discovery channel show and Manik was watching the same. Cabir was drooling over the Lasagna. He moaned having the first bite of my favorite Italian cuisine and said, "Wow! This is awesome! I can't believe it's vegetarian. Nandini! Nandini! Nandini! I'm going to ask you for this for years."