Surge of emotions

Murthy Mansion:

NANDINI:

"Ae husn jara jaag tujhe ishq jagaaye,

Badale meri taqdeer jo tu hosh mein aaye", he started singing and a smile played on those cherry red lips while I stared at him going all aw over his features.

I loved the way his long fingers played the piano keys adding more to the melody of the song, his big black eyes which were a straight give way of his happiness, that one lock which always adored his forehead with the usual hairstyle. The elegant light grey sherwani made him look much more graceful. Rajendra Kumar was a real delight to watch!

Sitting on the sofa with Dadu on one side and Dadi on the other, I was watching Dadu's favorite movie 'Mere Mehboob', going all dreamy over the beautiful love story. It was our thing. We used to watch classic Hindi movies as 'Movie Marathon' once in a while.

Anvar was finally meeting Husna, after knowing that she was the girl he fell in love with, I was too involved in the movie when my phone buzzed with a call from Manik. Picking up the call I asked, "Hello, what do you want?"

"Why do you sound so grumpy?" He questioned.

"No. It's just that I was watching a movie," I said in an apologetic voice realizing how rude I sounded.

I would never want to hurt him.

"Which movie is it? Hollywood, Korean, Japanese? Is it an animated one? Do you have Netflix or Amazon? Leave that. Let's watch it together. I'm so missing you!" He said in a jiffy and my eyes widened for a second at his last statement.

He was my friend, right?

Well, people do miss their 'friends'.

"You might not want to know what I'm watching," I said trying to make him understand.

"Since when did you start watching those movies?" Manik seemed a little surprised with his tone being somewhat excited as well.

"What do you mean?" I asked dubiously.

"Cabir's type of movie, how come you are watching it?" He asked casually and I palmed my face understanding what he interpreted all the time.

"Manik!" I shouted.

"What? What happened? You know you are turning into a hyper woman day by day. Who knows one day you might make me run for life," He chuckled and I smiled listening to the soft music of his child-like laugh while shaking my head.

Why did he seem all cute, suddenly?

'Manik'. Why was that name making me smile?

"No. Actually, I'm watching a classic Hindi movie with Dadu and Dadi, an old era film which you might not even know. It's called 'Mere Mehboob'. And you are not telling this to Navya. She always teases me about this calling me an old soul," I whined remembering Navya and her jokes about my choice of movies.

"You never fail to surprise me, do you?" He said and I wondered if he was mocking me about it.

"Surprise you?" I mumbled.

"God. Nandini! Where were you all these years? I swear I never found another fan of Rajendra Kumar and Sadhana in our generation!" Manik squealed enthusiastically and I blinked my eyes twice to discern if it was real or I was in a dream.

"You watch old Hindi movies, like the black and white, Eastman color ones?" I asked being surprised at his response.

"Although, this might not go with my image it is true. And guess what, even Cabir teases me for this," His voice didn't sound like he was making fun of me. In fact, I could imagine him staring at the floor rubbing the nape of his neck while confessing that.