37

Narrator's POV

The guys and guards arrived at their pack house safely, no one harmed. Taehyung brought Jungkook to his, the Alpha's room, tucking him under the covers and went downstairs for a conversation with the others.

"I'm glad he's back.." Jimin said, relieved that his best friend is unharmed.

Or well, except for not being able to move and the hickies.

"Same.. The boy went through a lot. Are you okay, Taehyung?" Seokjin asked. Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed. "Apparently Jungkook told you my real name.. It's still 'Alpha' for you. Only my mate can call me by my real name."

Seokjin nodded. "Where is Hoseok? I need to talk to him." Taehyung said through gritted teeth. "I think he'll come back tomorrow.. He can't stay away for too long.. Not after all that happened." Namjoon thought out loud.

"I agree." Yoongi began. "I'm tired, I'm going to sleep."

Jimin yawned, "Me too. It's been a long day. Goodnight."

Taehyung also stood up, "I'm going to check up on Jungkook. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Taehyung's POV

I sat down on the bed next to Jungkook, brushing my hand lovingly through his hair. I leaned down to peck his forehead and left the room, going to sleep in Jungkook's room for once.

I don't want him to wake up tomorrow with a heart attack, because of his heat.

I groaned when I felt the hard, small bed creaking underneath me, a broken closet on the ground and the whole room was covered in dust.

He's never going to sleep here again.

My mate deserves the best, and the best only.

Jungkook's POV

When I woke up, I noticed how familiar the room looked. I sat up and remembered what happened, immediately blocking the mindlink between Sungjae and I before he could ever come with the idea to talk to me again.

He lied to me. He said I could trust him, I really thought I could trust him but I guess I was wrong..

I stood up and went to the bathroom, undressing myself while trying to ignore the heat in my stomach that was forming again.

My heat isn't over yet, unfortunately. It will last for another two days..

The last two days will be the worst. They always are.

I looked in the mirror and my eyes fell onto the marks on my neck and collarbone.

Disgusting.

Absolutely disgusting.

I quickly stepped in the shower and rubbed on those hickies I had, wanting all of that Alpha's scent to be gone.

My wolf was longing for Taehyung, he wants to reach Taehyung's wolf so badly but since I wasn't marked, he couldn't. And after what happened, I doubt I'll ever get marked.

After all, I'm not sure if I can process the pain that quickly.

Taehyung's POV

I walked downstairs in the early morning, stopping in my tracks when I saw Hoseok talking to Seokjin. I walked over to them and gave Hoseok a threatening glare, making him shut up. "You, in my office, now."

He did what I asked and not even two minutes later I was waiting for him to speak up.

"Explain. All of it."

He sighed, sitting down. "I'm sorry. That's what I want to begin with. I'm sorry for lying to you, I'm sorry for hiding things from you." I clenched my jaw, waiting for him to continue.

"I'm sure that Soohyun already told you, that I put a protector spell on him when your dad 'killed' him. I did that because I wanted to, but also because your dad wanted me to do so."

My eyebrows furrowed.
"Why? He hated him."

Hoseok shook his head.

"No. He never hated him. He hated the fact that you were with an Omega, and the fact that you didn't listen to his advice. So he asked me to put a protector spell on him, so he could learn you a lesson by 'killing' him. I didn't have a choice, I needed to obey him. I also didn't want Soohyun to die, I knew how happy he made you. So I did what your dad asked me to do, and when it was over I brought him into the forest. Far away from all of the other packs, in rogue territory. A safe area in rogue territory. Apparently, he got lost and just kept on travelling further and further and further into rogue territory, he wasn't able to find his way back."

He took a breath before continuing,

"I lost contact with him as soon as I left him in the woods, your dad's orders. When your dad died in that war, I tried to search for him but I couldn't find him anywhere. So I left it to be. I'm sorry.."

I hummed.
"Go on. I'm sure that's not all, is it?"

He shook his head, again.

"When you met your mate, Jungkook, I knew you weren't going to put any effort in trying to talk to him. Get to know him. You were hurting because of Soohyun, you couldn't get your dead lover out of your mind. So I changed something in your potion.."

My eyes widened. That explains my wierd behavior, back then.

"At first, it worked. It helped, and you made your move to talk to him. You opened up a little. I wanted Jungkook to know your scent, your true from, so I also made sure that there were some mate bond effects.. Everything went pretty well, until you began drinking from it regularly. It wasn't good for your health, not at all, so I took care of the potion.." He mumbled the last part.

"You're the reason why I couldn't find my potion that day, right? You took it." He nodded, confirming my thoughts.

"I'm sorry for lying to you. I'm really, really, sorry." He apologized over and over again, making me groan.

"Just stop talking."

He looked at me, waiting for me to speak up.

"I forgive you for the potion thing. After all, it helped me. In the beginning, at least. Just don't do such a thing ever again. However, I don't forgive you for Soohyun. That is too big to forgive. That's why, you aren't welcome to stay the night here anymore. You can still drop by, but you'll have to go home after."

He nodded. "Eventhough I'm sad to hear that, I'm grateful that's all--"

"But I have one more question. How did you find out, after all those years, where Soohyun was?" I asked.

"One of my witch students, Felix, came from the utter edge of rogue territory. He needed to have some rare ingredients, -not important- the point is, when he made his way back to the borderline of the rogue territory, he found Soohyun in the middle of nowhere. He informed me. That's how I knew.. It's just a coincidence, actually. It was never on purpose.."

I hummed. "I see. I'm glad I saw him tho, even though it wasn't a success. He changed in a bad way, and when I saved Jungkook from the Crimson pack's Alpha I was surprised that that turned out to be his mate. Well, guess they deserve each other. In the end, I'm glad it's all in the past. I can move on now, without feeling guilty or anything."

Hoseok smiled. "I wish you good luck with Jungkook. He'll be a amazing Luna."

"Of course. He's the absolute best." I proudly stated, only by thinking of him my heart would skip a beat.

"I'll go now, I think you have to go and talk to him. Be there for him, he hurted a lot when he saw you with Soohyun. His heat isn't helping either." I nodded, agreeing.

"How do you always know everything? Even when you weren't actually there?" He giggled.

"I'm not one of the best witches for nothing."