six

- Gulf -

“Hey.” And a loud laughing sound filled the room.

“W-what?”

“Hahahahahahaha.” I saw his eye almost tearing up because of laughing. He even has his hands on his stomach.

“Can you please stop laughing?!”

Then I saw him trying to stop and calm himself but that leads him to burst more into laughter.

“Why do you have to cover yourself that much? Are you that cold or are you that afraid I might really kiss your neck, huh?”

It was not that long ago when he came out of the shower room when he saw me totally covered with too much clothes. I wore a turtle neck sweater and even put 2 scarves around my neck just to be sure he wouldn't do something unimaginable to me. How can you not blame me if he said those words earlier?

Who knows what he might do to me now that we are alone here?

And of all body parts that I have, why does he have to eye on my neck, huh? Is he a vampire? Is he trying to suck the life out of me?

That makes sense, I always see him around this time, around midnight. That explains it! He's a vampire! Shia, I haven't graduated yet. I still have dreams to achieve. I don't want to become just another meal for him.

Finally, he stopped laughing and that's when I realized he's coming towards me. I am sitting on my bed in a foetal position. I just looked at him as he sat in front of me, waiting for him to say something. Please tell me you're not a vampire. Please. Please.

“Can I borrow some dry clothes? You see, mine's soaked wet.” and then he smiled while scratching the back of his neck. Why does he look so handsome in a wet hair? Plus look at that jawline, and his ears, and his neck, and his collar bones, and his broad shoulders and--

“Should I stay half naked or you will give me some dry clothes so you can stop fantasizing over my body?”

“W-who who is fantasizing over who's body?”

I pushed him so I can get him clothes and I just heard him laugh, again.

But I think I prefer that first option.

Shia! What am I thinking? Why would I want him to display his ugly body around? I really should go to the temple and ask for forgiveness. I've been so sinful lately and that's because of P'Mew. Aish.

“There.” I threw my clothes on the bed and went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. I totally forgot that I haven't eaten anything since lunch.

“Do you usually eat unhealthy foods?” said P'Mew as he took his seat opposite mine. I haven't invited him yet to join me but he's here already. I guess there's no need for that anymore.

“We usually eat outside with my friends, Pete and Top. And if you don't like..” I was about to pull back the bowl of instant noodles from him when he tried to steal it back.

“I was just asking, you know.” and again, he showed me his beautiful smile. I just threw him an insulting face and then continued eating.

“By the way, where's your phone?”

“Oh wait.” he went to get his phone which is on the bedside table and gave it to me. I put down my spoon and immediately dialed my phone number on his. I don't want this to happen, again, so better get things right already.

I heard my phone rang and immediately opened it and saved it. 

“You should save it, too, so we can contact each other easier, okay?” but then when I looked at him, he seemed to be so down.

“You see, I'm really really really really really sorry about earlier. I was really on my way when--”

“Nah, it's all good in the hood. Nothing to worry about. Besides, what's important is that you came. Sorry is enough, no need for the excuses.” I smiled back at him to assure him that I really am fine. There's no anger in me at all. In fact, I was so happy that he made it. He didn't break his promise and I am glad about it.

We both already finished our bowls when he suddenly insisted of doing the dishes since I was the one who cooked them earlier, he said. I didn't bother arguing with him and let him be.

“P'” I called him and he just answered a hum.

I turned to his side since he's in the other bed next to mine.

“Have you been stalking me?”

I heard him changed his position so we can both face each other. He's just looking at me, not even giving me the answer to my question.

“I mean, I think I have seen you multiple times. I even saw you here in my room. Weird, right?”

“I am here now.”

“I mean, before, not now.”

“Hmmmm....” he's not saying anything but I can see his face teasing me.

“W-why are you looking at me like that?”

“Don't tell me you've been fantasizing me for a long time now?”

As soon as I heard that, I threw him the pillow next to me. How can he say that? Ha-ha-ha, what a joker he is.

We continued talking until I felt my eyes slowly closing. I am already tired and sleepy and I can't stay awake now even if I wanted, too.

It's cold.

I'm cold.

“Gulf!”

“Gulf, you have a high fever.”

It's P'Mew. I felt a cold compress on my forehead. He also wrapped me in my blanket because I am now trembling.

“Hey, Gulf. Where do you keep your medicines?”

Since I cannot talk much, I pointed out to the cabinet and he immediately went there to search for it. Luckily, he had found it and he quickly gave me water and the medicine.

I felt him lie down next to me and hug me as he blames himself that I am sick.

“I'm sorry, Gulf. It's my fault. Forgive me. I didn't want things to turn out like this.” I heard him say as his voice crack. Is he crying? Hey P'Mew, don't cry. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself, okay?

But as much as I want to speak, I can't. I just hugged him back. We stayed like that until I felt sleepy, again. But before I totally surrendered, I tried to speak.

“Don't leave me, P'Mew.”

“Shhhhh. No, I won't.”

As soon as I heard that, everything went black.