thirty four

Third Person's POV

"What????"

As soon as she heard the whole story, Mew's Mom can't seem to believe it. No, she doesn't want to.

"Did New do all this? I mean, to our poor Gulf?"

The revelation is too much for Mew's Mom that Mew got her a glass of water to calm herself. 

Mew finally did it. He finally told her mom what happened. It took him some time for he has to gather evidences and when he did, he went straight to the police.

"So, you're saying that my son is in jail right now? Oh my poor son. Oh my goodness. New, what have you done?"

She really can't believe what had happened to his son, New. She blames herself for turning her son into someone he shouldn't be. She felt accountable for the wrong path her son has taken.

And then she fainted.

Mew was quick to catch her mom and Gulf, who is just as shocked as her, pulled himself together to help Mew's Mom lay comfortably after passing out.

Mew has already told Gulf about his stepbrother and what he did. But it is just now when he heard that he is already sent to jail.

Gulf doesn't seem to know what should he feel at the moment. Should he be happy? Because after six months, the one who is responsible for all that had happened is now paying for what he did? Or should he be guilty because the son of the one who showed care for him is in jail because of him?

Gulf didn't noticed that his mind is flying somewhere else until Mew showed in front of him, kneeling before him.

"What are you thinking, Gulf? I know things got complicated but I want you to know that it is not your fault that New is in jail right now. It was his fault for doing things wrong, for hurting you."

He saw how Gulf's eyes looked so worried about his mom's reaction. That somehow he caused it but he actually did not. He held both his hands and said,

"Gulf, look me in the eyes. Please, look at me."

The other guy, still hesitant but managed to look at him.

"You are the victim here, Gulf. I made this far to protect you. Because if he's not there, we don't know what he'll do next. It's better this way, you get me?"

"But, P'...."

"Shh. I'll be at peace only if he's in there."

Mew leaned forward to hug the bothered Gulf. It is the only way he knows to comfort him. 

Later that night, Mew's Mom secretly wished to see Gulf in private. She didn't want Gulf to tell Mew about them meeting. What for? She didn't say. She just wanted to meet at the cafe near their village.

"Oh poor Gulf. I am so sorry for what my son had done. If there is someone to blame here, it is me. I thought if I gave him a complete family, he will be happier. But because of my greed, it turned out to be the opposite thing. I made him feel like I have forgotten about him. That I no longer care about him which is not true at all. I still care about him. It is just that, I thought I needed more time to get closer to Mew that's why he got jealous. I am such a bad mother. I should be awarded as the worst mom in the whole universe. For making my son feel like he's not loved. It is all my fault."

Tears started to fall down her cheeks. It kind of hurts seeing a mother blames herself for what her child has became. Like, they always blame themselves for it.

Gulf offered her a handkerchief to wipe her tears. He himself doesn't want to see her this hurt. If only he could do anything to help her.

"It's not your fault, Mom. In fact, you are a great  mother. Both Mew and I witnessed it." Gulf said while extending his hand to hold hers.