seven

- Gulf -

I was awakened not because I already had enough sleep but because of the repeating running stroke through my hair and I knew already who it was.

P'Mew.

When I tried to looked at him, his eyes are still closed. Don't tell me he hasn't slept yet? Poor P'Mew.

Instead of letting him know that I am already awake, I stared at his bare face for a while. I think this is the perfect time to appreciate his beauty. The sunlight that's coming through the curtains of my balcony kisses his face which adds beauty to an already perfect beauty. How can someone be this blessed? I didn't notice that his eyelashes are superb compared to the girls I knew. They are perfectly long and curled. As for his nose, nah forget it, I don't have the right words to describe it but what I know is, it can poke me to death, that is how high it is. Just kidding. And oh his perfectly thin, well-moisturized lips, it is as if calling out for me to kiss them.

Wait.

I close my eyes and burried my face on his shoulder and that made him flinched.

“Hey, Gulf. Are you okay?” he immediately put his palm on my forehead to check my temperature and he was so relieved to find out I'm fine.

“Did you get enough sleep?” His eyes were full of concern for me and that made me feel sorry because I had him worried all night.

“I should be the one asking you that. I think you didn't sleep at all, did you?”

“I am fine, don't worry about me. It's you who was sick, not me.”

I looked at him straight in the eyes, “That's the point. You could get sick, too. But I'm so grateful you are here for me. If it wasn't for you, I may still be burning hot right now.”

“Are you really sure you're okay now?” I smiled at him and nodded.

Honestly, I feel better than last night. And I owe it all to him. If he wasn't here, I might still be sick by now.

I asked him about his classes today and he said he can skip today since he only got one class. I asked him multiple times if that will be all right and he insisted yes.

“I'd better take care of you than attend my boring class.”

My heart just can't stop pounding whenever I think of what he said earlier.

“Although I can cook better than this, it's so strange that your kitchen doesn't allow me to impress my weak boyfriend.” and then he served omelettes, with rice, of course.

“I told 'ya, I don't cook much. And my kitchen wants to relay a message for you. He says he's sorry for not being able to reach your standards, Mr. Chef.” I said sarcastically though it is really true that my kitchen shouldn't be called kitchen for it has nothing much to offer other than eggs. Well, at least we got some omelettes.

When we finished eating, he immediately gave me medicine and vitamins. He's actually nagging me now for having weak immune system. Well, who's fault was it that I was under the rain for a long time last night? Just kidding, I have no hidden grudge against him. I promise. In fact, I owe him one for taking care of me.

“Did you take your meds?” his hands are on his waist while standing in front of me with an apron around him. I want to burst into laughter right now but I have to keep it cool 'cause one wrong move and I might be facing the gods anytime soon.

I showed him my mouth cleared, as well as their empty containers. Upon seeing those and was convinced, he returned to his station and finished attending the dishes.

Why do I suddenly want to be sick all the time? Who would've thought that being sick and weak could be this flattering? I mean, look at him taking care of me. I suddenly found myself smiling at that moment which immediately was erased because being sick would also mean that P'Mew would not stop worrying about me, and I don't want that to happen, ever again.

I fished my phone out of my pocket and switch it on the camera mode. I don't want to lose this opportunity where a babe magnet guy is in front of me doing the dishes, right?

P'Mew turned his body to where I am seated as soon as he heard the flickering sound of my camera. I forgot to turn it off but that's all right, I got what I needed so it's all cool.

But that's when I thought the sky is blue which is currently turning neon pink now. Uh-oh.

“Delete that. This is a crime.” said P'Mew as he tried to reach for my hand which is high up in the air. I stood on the chair to avoid his grip but he's still reaching for it. It is actually making me happy, seeing him struggle to get my phone but not until the chair started acting strange and I was losing my balance.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaa~” I screamed when I already felt that my body was no longer in my control and I knew for sure that the floor is just there, waiting for me to crash. Aish. This is so embarassing.

I was already preparing myself for the worst-case scenario when I suddenly felt I hit my head on a soft .. floor? I thought it would hurt so much and that it is hard but--

I suddenly felt two arms wrapping around me and that's when I knew I never really slammed on the floor but P'Mew did actually catch me.

“I should be called hero now for saving your life twice.” He whispered in my ear and tightens his hug. Why do I feel so secure around him? I don't care if I was sick if he's just here to take care of me. I don't care if I miss my classes as long as I get to be with him. I don't care if I just knew him and suddenly became my boyfriend. He's giving me the feeling of knowing him for a long time already when it's actually not. That's how comfortable I am around him.

“Do you really think you're okay on your own now? I am willing to stay.”

I told him he can go home now, that I can already manage myself, that I am really really really fine now. And that's because of him.

We actually went back to sleep after the incident earlier. Though he already slept, I can still see it in his eyes that he still needs more rest and he can't do that if he's here, worrying about me. I am really really fine now. I mean it. I also don't want to be a burden to him, that's why.

“Besides, Pete and Top are coming and they'll be sleeping over, they said. Don't worry about me, okay? Get more sleep.”

I saw a smile forming on his lips which only means I have convinced him.

I smiled back at him and he gave me a kiss.

A kiss on the forehead.

“Even if you don't do anything, you still make me worry.”

***

Please vote and comment. ~\(≧▽≦)/~