-89-

{•Listen to the above song while reading for a better experience•}

Enjoy :)

____________________________
Taking my seat at the front of the ER I stared at the green light that signaled me she's still in surgery. Tears streaming down my face as I felt lifeless. The cold air brushed past me as shivers ran through my body. Goosebumps covered my body but my eyes never left the green light. My body was here but my mind was somewhere dark. I felt as if I couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't live anymore.

My heart aches as my hands laid lifeless on my lap. Her blood stains covered my clothes and hands. Slow breaths leaving my mouth. I felt numb, exhausted. No words could explain the way I felt in this moment.

"Jungkook....." a voice called out to me. My head turning in the direction of the soft voice.

"She's going to be okay. Don't worry." Taehyung said as he sat beside me. His hands resting on my shoulder as he eyed my state of unrest. "You wanna wash your hands?" He questioned.

"No." I said bluntly as I looked at the blood stains on my hands. "It's all I have of her...."

"She's going to be okay." He breathed out.

"What if she isn't! They didn't find a pulse. What am I going to do if....." I began ranting off as cries left my mouth. "If she dies, I die. If she lives, I live. She's the reason I'm breathing." I cried out as my body plopped into Taehyung's chest.

"I can guarantee you she's going to be okay." Taehyung sighed as he caressed my back. My tears soaking up his shirt.

"Y/n is the strongest girl I've ever met. She can get through anything. All she needs is for you to have faith in her and she'll be okay." Taehyung breathed out trying to console me....but...nothing's going to work.

Taehyung stared up at my dull and pale face as the tears stained my cheeks. His eyes trailing down to my blood stained hands and clothes, only for a state of worry to take over his eyes.

"You want something to eat? She's gonna be in there for a while." Taehyung said.

"No. I'm not eating until she eats." I said as I continue to stare at the green light. Tears continued streaming down my face as I sunk myself back into the deep black hole as before.

"Okay...." Taehyung breathed out. "I'm going to pick up Jimin." He continued before he's leaving the hallway.

"Y/n....." I murmured out softly as I stared at the door. "We have so much to do baby. You can't leave me. You promised you won't....it's too early for you to break it...." I cried into my hands.

{time skip 2 1/2 hours}

My eyes going numb as I slowly blinked, only to see the light turned red. My heart skipping a beat as the doors opened. The doctor slowly walking out as his gloves covered in dark red blood.

"D-doctor how is she?" I stuttered out as I jumped up from my seat.

Gulping down as I awaited the response from the blood covered doctor that stood in front of me.

"You're her husband?" He questioned.

"Y-yes sir." I responded quickly.

He breathed out before speaking. "Good news or bad news first?" He questioned as he removed his mask slightly.

"I just want to know how she's doing.." my voice cracked.

"She's- she's going to be fine, but she lost a lot of blood. Her blood count is extremely low. The surgery was successful, we got out the bullet. Luckily it didn't struck her heart. She's going to need a blood donor." The doctor's voice echoed through me.

"A b-blood donor?" I repeated. "I can give her blood." I said quickly.

"What type are you?" He questioned.

"O positive." I replied.

"Oh..then you can give her blood. We're going to need two bags." The doctor said.

"Okay. That's okay. I'm willing to do it . Once she lives." I said.

"You're going to be very weak after. Are you sure?" The doctor questioned again.

"I'll do anything for her to live." Tears ran down my cheeks as the doctor smiled my way.

"You're a great husband." He breathed out. "Follow me I'll give you the form to fill out. After you've finished the nurse will take the blood from you."

"Okay sir." I replied as I trailed behind the doctor.

••••••••••

"Are you sure you're willing to give it?" I questioned the younger that sat in the chair all ready to donate the blood. "You'll be extremely weak..."

"I don't care. Once she lives." Jungkook said with the most determined voice. My gaze softening as Jimin's hand laid on my shoulder.

"Okay....we'll be in her room." I said before I'm smiling at him and both Jimin and I are walking over to y/n's room.

"You think she's going to be okay?" I asked Jimin as my gaze turned to him.

"She's going to be okay, but...." he breathed out. "I don't know about him. Two bags of blood....that a lot Taehyung." He continued before he's sighing.

"Why is love so difficult? Can't they just be happy and start their new life? Why must all the good people go through all the bad stuff." I sighed as we stopped at her room.

"This is a test they're going through. This will only make their love stronger." Jimin smiles before we're entering into the room. Our eyes catching upon y/n lying in bed with a white gown as multiple machines connected to her. A oxygen mask that covered her face. My feet slowly trailing me over to her bed side as I sat down.

'Why didn't I get shoot instead of you' I murmured out lightly before tears are streaming down my face. 'I failed to keep my promise. I failed to protect you'

"It's not your fault Taehyung...." Jimin said as he rubbed my shoulders.

"Y/n." I said as I wiped away my tears and looked up at her. "You have to wake up okay. You have a lot to do. You and Jungkook need to make a little niece for me...remember I told you that?" I cried out as I lightly gripped onto her hands.

"Taehyung....." Jimin sniffled as tears ran down his face.

"Remember we said I'll be your child's uncle. You need to wake up and be okay for that promise to come true. You never break promises y/n....remember?" My cries echoed through the room.

"We're here for you okay. You'll be okay soon." I continued before I'm looking back up to her. My breathing out of time as my shaky hands grasped onto hers.

••••••••••••••

"Thank you for your patience sir. We'll go give the blood to your wife now." The nurse said before she's leaving with the two bags of my blood.

My body weak, as I stared up at the ceiling. The feeling of being numb took over my body as I licked my dried lips. Tears streaming down the side of my face as I stared at the light.

"You're going to be okay baby." I murmured out to myself.
________________________________