Chapter 1: The Return

"And now, coming back from another one of her trips to Europe, here she comes in at a steady #5, the infamous Hero of the Frozen Heart: FROST DEMON!"

I felt a smirk cross my face as I entered the arena, sliding in on my new perfected skates as I used my ice to lead me to the stage, the crowd cheering wildly as I landed and waved, the skates sliding back into my knee-high white boots.

"Todoroki Hotaru has to be one of the most solid contenders in the hero circles today as a partner at two different agencies and working to train the next generation of great heroes: she is an inspiration to any aspiring hero who really wants to make a difference." The announcer said. "Not to mention she's my personal favorite. I'm still waiting on that autograph!" She laughed.

I waved again as I caught the eye of both the number 1 and 2 heroes, who were...as per usual... giving each other the death glare, having reached yet another impasse as the public still couldn't give either of them the indisputable #1 spot. I looked past Katsuki and Midoriya to wave at Shoto, who used his arm to signal me over to stand by him and his #3 spot.

"How was the plane ride?" He asked as he hugged me and I readjusted the new ice blue dress I picked for the occasion, wearing it under my hero costume's white leather jacket.

"The usual." I shrugged as I looked over at Midoriya and Katsuki again while I shook my head.

Those two haven't changed one bit.

"Not according to your ride." He whispered in my ear and he jumped a little as I poked him in the neck out of view of the cameras.

"Miss Frost Demon, we have a question for you!" The announcer said as she ran up to me.

"First things first ma'am." I said as I pulled out my notepad. "Who am I making this autograph out to?"

"Oh, Frost Demon, for someone with a frozen heart, you're much too kind!" She practically squealed as she told me her name and I signed the paper with my signature snowflake. "Ready for your question?"

"Ready as I ever can be." I shrugged as I winced at the noise of Midoriya and Katsuki arguing under their breath and repressing the urge to discipline them both in front of national television.

"We keep hearing rumors about your love life. Is it true you're seeing someone?"

I glanced over at a young man, who merely glanced back. Or so that's what it appeared to be at first look: I noticed his subtle wink and the little smirk in the corner of his mouth. 

"No comment, sorry. My love life is my own business for now. Anything else?" I asked with a smile. 

"How's it to be an aunt then?"

"To his brats?" I jabbed toward Shoto with my thumb. "Those twins of his and Creati are a handful. A cute, adorable handful I can't get enough of." I added as he rolled his eyes.

"Thanks Frost Demon! As usual, it's great to have you home!"

"It's great to be home." I whispered as I looked over at the young man again. "It's amazing."

Earlier that day:

I felt my hands were clammy and cold from my powers as I sat in the plane and rubbed my hands together, looking down in awe at the lights of my beloved country.

"Miss, do you have an ice quirk?"

I turned to see the attendant looking over at me and I realized the people next to me were shivering.

"Oh gosh, I am so sorry." I apologized as I dispelled the cold.

"No problem dearie." The elderly woman next to me smiled up at me kindly. "Are you nervous about something?"