Chapter 7: Getting Closer

Before we knew it, another month had passed in our new "normal." Even normalcy seemed odd, especially when I'd get home before Katsuki when Momo would take me home.

I heard the door and practically ran over into Katsuki's arms one night.

"Hello, my beautiful demon." He said with a laugh as he kissed me. "How are my sweet babies doing?" He added as he put his hand on my little bump. In a month, it was now obvious I was pregnant if I was wearing tight clothes. For now, we still kept it as hidden as possible, and thankfully none of my friends had noticed.

"Can't feel anything yet, but I did learn the baby can hear us now." I said as he joined me on the sofa and put his head on my lap, facing my stomach.

"Hear that, little firecracker?" He laughed. "This is your daddy. You should take it easier with your mommy and I: I can hardly keep up with her cravings. Just today I found out she made two bowls of spicy noodles with chili pepper, dried red pepper, and sriracha."

"Be good!" I slapped him playfully. "It's your fault I'm craving spicy food."

"Also tell her to stop being so violent." He added in a whisper.

"If I'm violent, I hate to think what you are," I said as I kissed the side of his head. "Anyway, they said that we can start doing lullabies now to help the baby get used to it when he or she arrives."

"Really now? Any requests?"

"Our wedding song, please."

I closed my eyes as his rich, throaty voice filled our little home. I nearly fell asleep before he tapped me awake.

"Now that we've made it past the fourth month, should we start telling our friends?"

"I think so. I can't hide it for much longer. But you want to wait until we find out what we're having in two weeks and I can't hide it anymore. Remember what my father mentioned."

"That sounds good. That, and the chance to cause chaos when they try guessing? You know me too well." He said softly as he squeezed my hand and put it on my bump. "Hear that, firecracker? We're going to find out what you are soon. Then we can get around to naming you."

"Soon." I sighed.

Two weeks later, we were back at his parents' house with the gender reveal cake.

"So what do you think it'll be?" Masaru asked as Mitsuki pulled out a knife and some plates.

"History indicates a boy, but I really don't know." I said as I looked up at Katsuki. "Just so long as it's healthy I could care less."

"I'm positive it's a girl." Katsuki said firmly as he kissed me on the forehead and sat next to me. "However, if I'm wrong I didn't say anything." 

"Well, we'll find out soon enough!" Mitsuki said as she handed both Katsuki and I a knife to cut the cake at the same time, while his parents looked on in excitement.

The moment we lifted the piece up, I couldn't help but let out a little squeal.

"Bakugo Katsuki, did you cheat?!?"

"Of course not!" He protested as he looked at the pink sprinkles. "But now I do have bragging rights." He added with a smirk as he kissed me and his mom took a picture.

"Looks like you were right after all." I sighed with a smile. "Now I get a baby girl to dress up."

"And I'm going to have to kill anything with a Y chromosome that comes close to her." He groaned.