Chapter 15: Katsuhita's Quirk

"Mama!"

"Kat!" I laughed as she leapt into my arms like a cannonball the moment Katsuki managed to get her jacket off. "Did you have fun with Daddy, baby?" I asked her as she snuggled her head under my chin.

"Daddy took me to play with the twins!" Katsuhita said, her snuggly moment gone the moment she mentioned Shoto's boys and she started bouncing in my arms. I glanced over at Katsuki, who seemed unusually tired as he hung up both his and Katsuhita's jackets.

"Did you now?" I laughed as Katsuki came up behind me, embraced us, and kissed my cheek.

"Can I just mention...I'm glad she doesn't have a twin?" Katsuki whispered as Katsuhita ran off, her silky blonde and white hair shining in the light from the window. "And that she takes after you and not me?"

"I don't know Katsuki: she is just as, if not more competitive as you are. Anyway, they weren't that bad...right?" My suspicions were confirmed as he sighed again as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Kids nearly set the playground ablaze. It was an accident, but I'm glad Shoto came along." Katsuki confessed as he watched me cook.

"What about when Kat gets her quirk? Who's going to save your butt then?"

Katsuki froze as he put his arms around my waist. "I'm going to die."

"No you're not, silly." I laughed as he hugged me again while resting his chin on my shoulder. "Besides, there's a chance she might get a combo of our quirks. Or just mine. She does take a lot after me as well..."

"Great. Two frozen-hearted demons in the house then. Easier to work with than—"

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Kat!" We said in unison as we ran towards the source of the high-pitched scream.

"Katsuhita baby, what's the matter?" I said as we burst into her room to see her sobbing uncontrollably as she sat in the middle of the room.

"I—I didn't mean to Mommy! My—my hands are popping!" She wailed as I picked her up.

"You hands are what, Kit-Kat?" Katsuki asked as he took her from me. "Show me."

"But—but I don't wanna hurt Daddy. Or Mommy." She cried into Katsuki's chest. 

That's Daddy's girl all right. I thought as I noticed Katsuki's look of distress at his baby girl's muffled sobs.

"You won't hurt Daddy or Mommy. Now open up your hands again. Just once." Katsuki said as he held his hand out.

Katsuhita slowly put her hand palm up on Katsuki's. Almost immediately, a myriad of white, popping explosions and flames erupted from her palms, expelling heat and smoke.

"Wah!" She yelped in horror as she shut her hand and curled up into Katsuki's chest in terror anew.

"Hey princess. Watch this." Katsuki said as he held out his hand again. Katsuhita slowly poked her head out and watched in fascination as Katsuki did the same thing she did without the flames.

"See? Not scary. Just little explosions. Try again."

Katsuhita did it again, but smiled nervously as her pops echoed alongside her father's.

"Do you like it now, baby girl?" Katsuki asked as he closed his fist.

"Daddy is so cool." Katsuhita whispered.

"And Mommy can do it too. See?" I whispered as I stood alongside them both and opened my own hand to reveal my white flames. The two joined me with their popping explosions and Katsuhita's bright grin suddenly took on a new look that instantly reminded me of Katsuki.