Chapter 4: Moving Forward

The wedding was highlighted by the soft oranges and yellows that filled the venue. Kissing him in the light of the sunset outside as we finished our vows was fairytale-like as his eyes seemed to shine.

That and he had to hold back tears as he saw me in my pale gold dress as my father walked with me down the aisle, his groomsmen wearing the pale orange vests and my bridesmaids' long yellow dresses swaying in the breeze. 

Sure, Kirishima had stepped on his foot, but I saw him tearing up even before that. And so did the photographer.

Soon enough, the main ceremony was over, and we found ourselves dancing to our song in the center of the ballroom, him taking every opportunity to show off what we had learned in the dance classes we had been taking together.

"Katsuki-kun?" I asked as he pulled me up from a dip with a kiss a few dances later.

"Hm?" He whispered as he smirked. "What's up, Mrs. Bakugo?"

I shook my head with a laugh as he held me, swaying gently in tune with the music.

"I wish this moment could last forever."

Katsuki picked up my chin to face him as we continued to dance, with the passing visions of our friends dancing around us fading in and out as I looked up at him.

"I promise you this will last as long as we're together, frostbite." 

"Promise?"

"Promise." He swore as he kissed me again.

Sure, we weren't perfect (still aren't), but that was a perfectly sweet memory that served to strengthen us as things got more complicated.

Like when Kaminari almost electrocuted everyone in the pool in the after party and Kirishima decided to finally reveal he and Mina were getting married in the spring. Kirishima already was begging Katsuki to be his best man, and I couldn't help but laugh as we sat in the pool. 

Yeah, we were crazy. 

But that was never a bad thing.

"Hey onii-chan!" I said as I popped my head into his office. "I got the paperwork from my office at Gang Orca's for you."

"Thanks. I'll have my assistant file them away and get everything sorted for the new interns." He sighed. 

"Come on, Shoto. You all right?" 

Already almost a year and come and gone since that wedding day: I was kept incredibly busy as hero partner at both Orca's and Dad's, which kept me on my toes most of the time. 

But not too busy to help my big brother of course.

"I'm just a little worried about Momo." Shoto sighed. "The twins have been running her ragged, and I want to be there for them more."

"Why not have them come over during your lunch breaks? They can have something to look forward to while also letting it be a good time for Momo to take a little break. I could even help watch them while I'm here, along with Katsuki-kun."

"You're a genius." Shoto said as he gave me a quick embrace as he pulled out his phone. "Hey, Momo? Yes, I was going to ask if—"

And my work here is done. I smiled as I made my way down to the break room, pausing slightly as I felt a bit sick to my stomach. 

I sighed as I sat next to Katsuki during lunch a few minutes later.

"Hey baby. What's the matter?" He asked as I put my head on his shoulder and hugged his arm.