Chapter 16: Katsuhita's Request

"Mommy?" Katsuhita asked as she fed Storm.

"Yes, baby?"

"When can I have a little brother or sister?"

I whipped around as Katsuki started choking on his tea.

"What makes you ask, baby?" I said as I desperately tried to conceal my laughter. His face and the fact she had asked "when" not "if" killed me.

"Um Ryoka and Haruko have Sakura and Toshi has Takeo. I just want a brother or sister too."

"Ask your father." I said with a wicked grin towards Katsuki.

He mouthed, "I'm going to get you back," as Katsuhita jumped onto the sofa and crawled onto his lap.

"Daddy, can I have a little brother or sister?" Katsuhita asked, pleading with Katsuki with those baby blue eyes that melted him to the core.

"Erm...you know it'll take a little while for a baby to get here, right? And you can't choose if it's a boy or girl." Katsuki said nervously. "And you know that it'll be a lifetime commitment? You're gonna have to protect and help the baby like mommy and I."

"I don't care. I wanna protect my family like Daddy." Katsuhita said.

I could have died from her sweetness as she looked up at Katsuki, who appeared to have a lump in his throat. 

Katsuhita had him wrapped around her little finger.

"You know what? Mommy and I will talk about it." Katsuki said as he looked at me cautiously.

I nodded with a smile.

"Kit-Kat!" Katsuki called upstairs.

Katsuhita practically flew down the stairs into her father's waiting arms.

"Hey princess." Katsuki said as he put her down. "Mommy and I have a present for you."

"A present?!?" Katsuhita practically began bouncing off the wall.

"Here you go." Katsuki said as he glanced back at me with a wink and handed Kat the shirt.

"Wow! I love it Daddy!" She said as she immediately stripped down and put it on before she even got a good look at it.

Katsuki was trying to hold back his laughter.

"Kid, did you even see what it says?"

"Hm?" Katsuhita looked down and held up her pink shirt. "It says...best...big...sis-ter. Sister?!?" She gasped. "Where's the baby?" She cried as she looked around furiously.

"Baby isn't here quite yet sport." Katsuki explained as he tried not to laugh at Katsuhita's confusion.

"You see Kat, the baby is inside of Mommy." I explained as I touched my stomach. "Baby will be here by winter though. Five months."

Kat immediately reached out and touched my stomach before she hugged me and began to cry.

"Oh baby! You all right?" I asked as Katsuki picked her up just to have her hug my neck and turn to hug Katsuki's.

"Oh thank you Mommy and Daddy! I'll be the best big sister! The best!" She promised. "I'll protect it, and teach the baby about quirks, and—"

"You're going to use your quirk?" Katsuki chuckled.

"DARN RIGHT!" Katsuhita yelled as explosions began to rocket off of her hands.

"NOT IN THE HOUSE!" Katsuki yelped as he ran out the door just in the nick of time.