Chapter 3: A Dress and a Venue

"Mon cherie!" Aoyama cheered as he ran up and hugged me.

"Aoyama...I need air!" I gasped as he dropped me. 

"My sincerest apologies! So, let me see, let me see the ring!" He said as he grabbed my hand and admired the gold band with navy sapphire set in the middle. "It is so you! Did you help him choose?"

"I gave him options and he liked this one best. Matches his well." I added as I showed him a picture of Katsuki's ring, a thick gold band with a dark blue line that encircled the middle. 

"You are the best thing that happened to that man." Aoyama said firmly. 

"And same for me. I had near no fashion sense, and he's the one randomly giving me clothes. I think he's secretly disappointed I want to keep with tradition and don't want him to see the dress yet." 

"Well, I've already pulled a few things. Now tell me, who did you bring with you today?"

"Well, you of course know Shoto, Momo, and Mina, but I also brought my parents and my older brother Natsuo."

"Don't you have a sister as well?" 

"She wasn't able to make it, she's still on vacation with the husband." I explained as my entourage began to look around the store.

"Iida's older brother, right?"

"Right." 

"Well, enough chit-chat, you're mine now. All of you take a seat and get ready for the magic!" Aoyama said as he practically dragged me to the dressing rooms.

"I can't believe you got a dress that quickly." Katsuki said again as we finished picking the caterers.

"I didn't bring the entire class with me to buy a tuxedo."

"I didn't invite them, they invited themselves." He snorted as I kissed his cheek.

"I know, I just love to tease you. You make it too easy for me."

"Oh? And you aren't?" He said threateningly.

"Noooo not now!" I shrieked as he grabbed me. "We need to pick our colors!"

"Why not red like your face, frostbite?" He asked as he breathed on the back of my neck.

"Noooooo that tickles!" I protested. "You know that makes me laugh, now stop!" I begged as he did it again. 

"All right, that's enough out of you." I said as I made ice cubes go down his shirt. "You done yet?"

"I'm done." He said as he started trying to get the ice out and stop shivering. 

"Hey. What about this?" I asked as I showed him the color.

"Not usually your pallet."

"Yeah, that's why I like it." I said quickly. "I've worn blue practically every day of my life. Why not switch things up a little?"

"I like the way you think. And that color fits a lot of the flowers around this time of year...and my hero costume." He added with a grin that told me exactly what he was thinking.

"No, I'm going to tell you right now, you're wearing a tux. Just because it matches your hero uniform doesn't mean I'm going to let you marry me in a hero costume."

"Dang it."

"Nice try Blasty, but I can read you like a book. But tell you what," I leaned under his arm against his chest with a smile. "You can wear it for a few photos. But get it cleaned first. And only if I can do it first: I'm only changing twice. The dress is kinda complicated."

"You are the best." He sighed as he rested his head over mine.

"Does this feel familiar?" I asked as I looked up at him and he gazed down at me.

"You mean our first kiss?"

"Almost kiss, Katsuki Bakugo. That didn't count, it wasn't intentional." I said firmly.

"But you wanted it to be."

"Don't remind me." I said in embarrassment as my cheeks turned red again. "I'm glad I didn't: I liked being the one in charge for the real one."

"Suit yourself. But when we have kids, I'm telling them that was my first kiss."

"And I'll tell them about the time their father called the #1 hero and my father a smelly old man."

"Aw that's cute. You think I care. Oof!" He laughed as I hit him in the stomach. "You haven't changed much: except you aren't afraid to put me in my place." 

"Haven't been since the day I slapped you." I snorted.

"And I deserved that one." He said as he looked back down at the colors I had chosen. "This'll be great."